70-200 F2.8 IS L Mk2 Noise?

Name
Blarg
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had my 70-200 F2.8 IS L Mk 2 for a few months now (not really had much time to use it though). Over the last weekend I've had more of a time to play and it was making a very odd noise at times when it was focusing. Still focused fine though.

Looking on the web I found this http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=8507.0 which seems to be similar to the noise that I'm suffering from.

Is it worth sending it back to Canon or is it just a "thing" the lens does?

Mine made a weird noise. It was down to the inner lenses de-aligning, my photos were soft and it made horrid noises. I sent it back to calumet and they fixed it for me. For such an expensive piece of glass, always get it checked out if anything seems out of the ordinary, especially if you are a working photographer.

I got mine from Jon Lewis - should I just take it back to one of the stores?

If you think theres a problem with it, definatly take it back its not a cheap lens! John lewis customer service is usually spot on im sure they will sort you out.

Do I just take it back into the store or what? Never had to use them before!

I wouldnt go near the store.... they will eventually send it to canon and when they get it back will eventually get it to you... as its under warranty send it and a copy of your reciept to canon at elstree ..you wil then cut out a lot of time wasted by the store..

Best thing is to have it checked, best advice you've had so far is from Kipax, they will sort it out for you faster than taking it back to the store.

Usually if John Lewis have sold you a faulty product they will swap it on the spot I've had it happen to me before with electronics, not sure how sending it back to canon is faster than that! They sell the items they have repaired as used in store.

Back