70-300

Name
jen
Edit My Images
Yes
hiya, does anyone have a canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM? Are they anygood?
Thinking of one of these, or something similar (within the same price range)
Any comments or views on this or similar lenses would be appreciated

Many thanks;)

If thats the new version then yes it good for the price. My mum has it and seems to get some good 'sharpish' photos with it on her 450D.

Nice and light to.

Hi Jenny,

I've had mine for a few months. It produces very nice images and is quite a bit of lens for the price, and you're getting 300mm and IS, and it's light. I got mine on the strength of reviews and positive comments. Slight issue with the lens, so it's being sorted out under warranty, but I'd recommend it if you can't afford, or justify paying more for the L lenses.

Chris

I have one. It's not as sharp as a 70-200 L, but it does the job very well. Obviously you need a bit more light, but for the price I reckon it's not bad.

Shots I've taken with it.......

Most of these

A number of these

And all the wildlife shots on my FlickR account.

My only complaint is that I'm now finding it a little short, and am considering the 100-400 L

HTH

Steve

Hi,
I,ve had one for a few months now, I'm well pleased with its performance. Used for nature shots of birds in flight and have had good results.

Zuluu.

Mistake post. Delete.

Great lens for the price and produces some great results, especially if you limit it to around 250mm. I find it needs good light to really show what can be produced and hunts quite a bit in low light/low contrast situations.

Only real downside i can think of is the rotating barrel and focussing ring ..... have to be careful how you support the lens when shooting.

Comes in the right colour though .... ;) Not drawing too much attention and it's only the very young that ask if I work for the papers when out and about with it. :LOL:

thanks for all your help. . . .think I may change my mind again though, but there are so many choices that id better decide soon!

Back