75% Solar Eclipse Tomorrow

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Link Here

There is going to be a 75% solar eclipse tomorrow morning at 8:50 am (UK Time)

Best seen from South-East England.

If anyone fancies taking some pictures and posting them in this thread please do so

:)

It's been cloudy here near Reading for the last couple of days so I missed the eclipse of the moon and the conjunction last night.
Not looking too promising at the moment for the meteor shower tonight (Mon) into Tues morning so might give me something to look at before the eclipse of the sun.
Please don't try to photograph or look directly at the Sun's eclipse without the proper Certified equipment - if you damage your eyesight, you can never get it back.

Seen it was awesome... taken some around 100 pics but man my eyes hurt :(

Last edited:
The sun rising whilst eclipsed is pretty rare. What made the timing even more special is that today is one of only two days in the year when the rising sun is perfectly aligned with the long axis of Dorney Lake. Over 2000m of water with the town of Windsor behind it on the skyline ... a great location for a once-in-a-lifetime shot.

Or it would have been if it hadn't been overcast and grey.

I got a good view of the lunar eclipse recently, but this morning was dark, overcast and wet; with a forecast of snow. Doesn't matter, I've seen a few partial eclipses before, but I still want to watch a full eclipse.

Went up onto the South Downs to try and get it rising out of the sea. At least it stopped raining while I set up my gear, stood and watched the clouds brighten, then packed up and went home.

I managed to get a few shots across the Thames Estuary at Southend on Sea this morning. I was about to give up and go home and then there was a break in the cloud. I have had my best day on Flickr with over 650 views so I am glad I went out.

set-72157625744577714

set-72157625744577714

set-72157625744577714

Last edited:
Brilliant views in Aachen - both got up and stood outside for an hour in pjs - boy was it cold! :p

lawrenceots said:
Brilliant views in Aachen - both got up and stood outside for an hour in pjs - boy was it cold! :p

So that's where the Mannequin comes from!!!

Back