7d 100-400

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry for another thread on the 100-400 here, are there are users on here with this setup? Iam quite new to the 7d and borrowing this lens which I've used fine before on my 40d. The issue iam having is its not AF :( I've tried the IS modes and still nothing. Iam sure the equipment is fine, cold it just be a setting on the 7d causing it not to focus? Or the poor light while iam at home?

AndyB1976 said:
Do you have any other lenses to try on the 7D?

Yup all work fine, 7d is only a few weeks old

Ive used the same setup but Ive now solf the 100-400. There should be no issues at all with the match.
You can try
-selector on lens for minimum focus distance
-set spot metering and select the center focus point and check that is on the target

the kit should focus ok in ambient light even dim light.

Simon

Mine didn't even try to focus initially, as if it were on manual focus. After checking the camera it didn't have the lens peripheral illumination correction info installed for the 100-400. Installed it via EOS Utility and haven't had it occur since. Not sure if it was the culprit or not, but you can check to see if it's installed on yours.

Cheers guys jut switched on all the lights and it seems fine now. But as you have said it should focus in low low. I find it really handy to have the 'beep' tone when it finds focus bit I don't think that works in av tv and m

PhrozeN_FisH said:
Mine didn't even try to focus initially, as if it were on manual focus. After checking the camera it didn't have the lens peripheral illumination correction info installed for the 100-400. Installed it via EOS Utility and haven't had it occur since. Not sure if it was the culprit or not, but you can check to see if it's installed on yours.

Oh cheers! Not even loaded the EOS on my Mac! Only use LR!

Cheers guys jut switched on all the lights and it seems fine now. But as you have said it should focus in low low. I find it really handy to have the 'beep' tone when it finds focus bit I don't think that works in av tv and m

There is a focus confirmation LED (solid green dot when confirmed, otherwise flashing) on the bottom right of the viewfinder.

There is a focus confirmation LED (solid green dot when confirmed, otherwise flashing) on the bottom right of the viewfinder.

Ah yes, of course. Doh!

Doesnt do it in AI Servo mode, tho thats why!

eripheral illumination correction

First time ive heard about this...does everyone set it up?

are you maybe too close to the subject i think the minimum distance is about 3 meters with that lens.... or maybe your shutter speed, 400mm lens you need to shoot as fast as 1/400s or there abouts...

At some yes, there is two modes depending your distance.

Back