7D and SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S 10.5" Tablet

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I'm not an expert on this. :(

At the moment, if I shoot raw or jpeg, I put the card in an external card reader, download the images to a file on my laptop or pc and then transfer them to an external hardrive. This is all done by the usb ports.

I'm looking at getting the above tablet. Can I do something similar?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Anyone? :)

I would also like some help with the above question.Im using a Nikon D7100 and shoot mainly raw,would like to view images on a tablet,delete rubbish pics and save to an external hardrive.I will not be doing any editing.

Thanks

there are apps for the tablet to read raw files for example "Raw Droid" Nikon is in it's list of compatiible cameras. Problem is Tab s has a micro usb so attaching a card reader you will probably need some sort of a adapter (OTG) to attach your card reader to, or a micro usb card reader. Tab S does not use USB 3.0 which is a shame.

I can attach my tab s to the pc and transfer files. attaching Ext' HD to tab s via usb might be a problem with not enough power to fire up the hard drive. I've seen it mentioned that maybe a powered hub and y cable might be the answer.

I think the Tab S is OTG, I'll dig out a cable & connect it to my 7D later

Just tried my Tab S 10.5 + OTG cable + 7D with the DSLR controller app, works nicely :)

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but you don't happen to know what OTG cable you used do you? I have a Tab S 10.5 but it's not recognising my 5D iii when connected, I just get a message saying something like "couldn't find a compatible camera". According to the devs my camera is supported, so I'm guessing it must be the cable.

Not sure I can help other than to say I connected my Camera via a cheap OTG from eBay and it worked fine.

Back