7D - anyone bought from DigitalRev?

Edit My Images
No
Unfortunately I missed the Wilkinson 7D + Free 580EX deal and cheapest I can find now is OneStopDigital at £1029 for body only.

Does anyone know any better deals out there? I don't mind buying a kit and selling the lens etc - just want to get the best price for the body. Don't mind buying from US or Hong Kong etc as long as it's a reputable dealer.

Also has anyone bought from DigitalRev? if so how much import duty/VAT did you have to pay?

Thanks for your help! (y)
WB

Last edited:
PM Kerso on this forum. I believe his prices are pretty much the best in the UK.
They are imports but because you get UK invoices etc then Canon UK will still honour the warrenty etc.

Tom N.

PM Kerso on this forum. I believe his prices are pretty much the best in the UK.
They are imports but because you get UK invoices etc then Canon UK will still honour the warrenty etc.

Tom N.

Thanks Tom, I have a price from Kerso but hoping to better the OneStop price if possible.

Cheers
WB

Onestop digital will have you send the lens back to HK if something is wrong either at arrival or during the warranty period.

I would buy from Kerso or somewhere else in the UK and pay a few measly quid more to have UK warranty for such an expensive body.

Just my humble opinion :shrug:

Onestop digital will have you send the lens back to HK if something is wrong either at arrival or during the warranty period.

I would buy from Kerso or somewhere else in the UK and pay a few measly quid more to have UK warranty for such an expensive body.

I agree about the potential UK warranty hassle however its more like £250 difference ;-)

has anyone bought from DigitalRev recently? If yes how much VAT/Customs did you have to pay?
Thanks
WB

I bought my 50D from Digital Rev, using their online shop (not eBay). VAT was all priced in and charged up front. Here's the 7D....

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/canon-...432.html?match_type=1&sort_ord=2&sort_dir=asc

If you want to buy from Digital Rev's eBay store then you might want to search out a "no VAT" listing, if they have one for the camera. If you do import the camera then, legally, you will be expected to pay the VAT, and there will be a further handling charge by the courier, so factor in 17.5% plus a bit on top. Of course, if you get a "No VAT" deal then Digital Rev will refund you those charges.

I bought my 7D from Jessops, with 10% Quidco cash back, which made it £1170 at the time I bought it. Unfortunately that cash back offer has dropped to just 4% at the moment. However, it is worth checking out cash back deals from the likes of Quidco and TopCashBack as they can often tip things in favour of our local economy. Certainly there is cash back available from the likes of Jessops, Warehouse Express, Jacobs, DSG and others.

I'd be shocked if Kerso was unable to provide a competitive quote, and the Canon UK warranty he offers is certainly worth something.

Last edited:
I toyed with the idea of importing the 7D, but as people have stated, the UK warranty and peace of mind is worth more than the money saved!

I got my 7d from them:banana:, it was shipped from Jersey, and cost 1049 a couple of weeks ago, i was too chicken to try the import because many state in the small print that YOU may be responsible for import :police: duty and the projected delivery dates ran into weeks, I was not confident in their ability to communicate in english due to the mistakes in the adverts.
Good luck with the beast when you get it.
Frank

No worries with Kerso and I'd maybe see if you can push for a slightly better deal :) He's normally closer on price to the HK guys.

But to have no worries about the warranty it is worth quite a bit extra (either that or use the £250 saving to buy your own insurance)!!!

We got a sigma flash and had to return it under warranty. Onestop refunded us the postage we paid and we had it back within 2 weeks.

Back