7d coming tomorrow

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
after a couple of weeks of searching and rejected offers in the FS section I have managed to get one from the dreaded Ebay
18 months old comes with canon 10-22 genuine grip and batteries adata Cf
2 batteries original box and instructions etc £1010 inc RMSD insured
Don't like auctions so asked the seller for a buy it now
job jobbed
should be here tomorrow :D
anyone know how to check the shutter actuations

Last edited:
not obsessed just wanted an idea of shutter count
if it had done 6k it's a serious bargain if it has done 160k it's not a bargain
bit like buying a car and asking the mileage IMO

isnt this a bit like shutting the barn door once the horse has bolted?

Perhaps the shutter actuations question should have been asked of the seller BEFORE you bought it. :thinking:

In any case, enjoy the 7D, it's a great bit of kit

Last edited:
Don't do it!

So long as the item was the right price for you and your happy with it move on. Finding out how many actuations it has done will go one of two ways. Make you feel better about the purchase or make you feel as though you have won a white elephant.

Last edited:
If its over 100k and has never been serviced or cleaned then I would worry. Wether it has or has not I will never buy a camera with that much on it regardless because honestly you have no idea how it was taken care of. just my opinion 100k is alot of clicks. I would take it into a shop and get it inspected. And you can check by hooking up to your computer and looking at the properties I believe.

seller guessed at 30k actuations and he had it cleaned and serviced at canon 3 months ago so he tells me
no reason to doubt him I was jut concerned it might be very high as he is a pro photographer
love new toys and gadgets so much better than buying shoes and handbags like women have too roflol

Rebel t3i said:
seller guessed at 30k actuations and he had it cleaned and serviced at canon 3 months ago so he tells me
no reason to doubt him I was jut concerned it might be very high as he is a pro photographer
love new toys and gadgets so much better than buying shoes and handbags like women have too roflol

I'm gonna say the 7d was his back up. I'm sure he was using a 5dmk2. I've had my camera for about 7 months and already at 13k and no where near pro lol

thanks for the links dave
postie not arrived yet
it's like Christmas
I didn't ask if this was his back up but assumed it was as he was just selling this and the 10-22 lens
I assumed he was selling it as the 5dmk3 is out

Last edited:
I bet your at the window at any slight noise of a car or van LOL, I just saw one go past the end of your street :LOL::LOL::LOL:
LOL bit old for that really and our postie comes at around 11 with normal post but RMSD seems to be about :shrug:

Did the seller pay for Saturday delivery? Otherwise it'll be in Monday's post
won't be Monday as that's a bank holiday
he did ring me from the post office to say he has put it on a sat delivery at £25 with 1k insurance as the other option was parcel force 48 hr service at 54 quid
He was only offered these two options so went for the RMSD
I keep hearing diesel vans in my head lol

Rebel t3i said:
won't be Monday as that's a bank holiday
he did ring me from the post office to say he has put it on a sat delivery at £25 with 1k insurance as the other option was parcel force 48 hr service at 54 quid
He was only offered these two options so went for the RMSD
I keep hearing diesel vans in my head lol

Good point, reminds me I must turn off my alarm :D

The biggest stress is trying to buy one I wasn't prepared to pay uk model used prices for grey imports. I nearly clicked the add to basket button on panamoz site http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital-cameras/canon/canon-eos-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-only.html

Forgive me but why would you not want to buy a new grey import for the price of a UK stock second hands :thinking: especially when in your camera bag you list as rebel t3i this would imply that if you have a camera with this on you already own a grey import :thinking:

Forgive me but why would you not want to buy a new grey import for the price of a UK stock second hands :thinking: especially when in your camera bag you list as rebel t3i this would imply that if you have a camera with this on you already own a grey import :thinking:

I wondered that Matt,

Not what I meant
quite happy to buy a new grey import just not prepared to pay a seller UK second hand price for his used grey import
IMO a used grey import should be less than a used UK model
Maybe it's just me being Mr Meldrew :LOL:
The one I have just bought was attractive as it had the genuine grip extra battery and a 10-22 lens all together
I was looking to buy all these items and the deal was right for me at 1010 delivered
I saw the used kits at
7d £700
gen battery grip £90
canon 10-22 £450
Cf flash £20
RMSD £25
so 1010 was a good deal for me

Last edited:
Not what I meant
quite happy to buy a new grey import just not prepared to pay a seller UK second hand price for his used grey import
IMO a used grey import should be less than a used UK model
Maybe it's just me being Mr Meldrew :LOL:

Maybe, but I cannot really say I agree, basically were talking about the same camera and a market value, it shouldn't matter where the camera comes from originally, I personally don't see why someone shouldn't get market value for there camera no matter what priced they paid when purchasing, look at things last year at the hight of the production issues, where s/h lens that were in demand we're selling for more than the new price because new wasn't available :wacky:

The wonders of a different outlook, maybe it's because I have a Grey 5D3 not that it matters as that will never be forsale s/h :LOL:

I was happy to pay what I saw was market value ended up getting it all for less
wasn't prepared to pay some members £800 + for a used grey import that I could buy for 835 from hdew with 12 months warranty.
They wouldn't sell it for less so bought else where

Lets see some pics then :)

I was happy to pay what I saw was market value ended up getting it all for less
wasn't prepared to pay some members £800 + for a used grey import that I could buy for 835 from hdew with 12 months warranty.
They wouldn't sell it for less so bought else where

I better clarify my price after reading this post in case anyone thinks it was me asking £800+ for a "grey import" mine was £750 asking price inc RMSD ;)

I better clarify my price after reading this post in case anyone thinks it was me asking £800+ for a "grey import" mine was £750 asking price inc RMSD ;)

I don't think that you should have to Mal, having dealt with you in the past in classified I can assure anyone reading this that Mal is great to deal with (y)

I'm ok for cf cards as I had two for my 400d
just spent an hour going through the menu functions
I am impatient Mal I do my research work out what I want and the current prices set my self a price and go and buy it
would loved to have done a deal with you Mal we were so close but you wouldn't budge that little bit. I must be having a midlife crisis again roflol.
Anyway new purchase lens and grip are all fine, however I won't buy of a pro photographer again clearly the camera has been used alot.
My 400d and 600d are like brand new
Might sell this 7d and buy a mint one this one has a slight scratch on the screen a graze on the edge of the body and some wear marks, so £650 anyone for a 7d lol
I bought it off an add on ebay as his phone number was on the add, did a phone negotiation for the kit' Friday morning and it was here this morning

Last edited:
I too thought about upgrading, had a look at their site but the negative feedback put me off, will stick with MPB for what I need.

I'm ok for cf cards as I had two for my 400d
just spent an hour going through the menu functions
I am impatient Mal I do my research work out what I want and the current prices set my self a price and go and buy it
would loved to have done a deal with you Mal we were so close but you wouldn't budge that little bit. I must be having a midlife crisis again roflol.
Anyway new purchase lens and grip are all fine, however I won't buy of a pro photographer again clearly the camera has been used alot.
My 400d and 600d are like brand new
Might sell this 7d and buy a mint one this one has a slight scratch on the screen a graze on the edge of the body and some wear marks, so £650 anyone for a 7d lol
I bought it off an add on ebay as his phone number was on the add, did a phone negotiation for the kit' Friday morning and it was here this morning

I am sorry to hear that Tony, and brave of you to admit it, it was described as VGC and there was no damage mentioned in the listing, if you had won the auction you may have had a claim as the condition did not match the description unfortunately you decided to buy privately via an Ebay listing and you have no protection.

A lesson learnt, far better to buy from a forum in future, even it it means paying that little bit extra ;)

I am sorry to hear that Tony, and brave of you to admit it, it was described as VGC and there was no damage mentioned in the listing, if you had won the auction you may have had a claim as the condition did not match the description unfortunately you decided to buy privately via an Ebay listing and you have no protection.

A lesson learnt, far better to buy from a forum in future, even it it means paying that little bit extra ;)
Thanks for those kind words
I saw that many I have no idea what was what and who's was who's :LOL:
The joys of buying used , I was just tempted by the add as it had the 10-22 lens and the grip and was photographed with org box, cables etc all still wrapped. and my laptop screen needs a good clean and my eyes are going at my age :LOL:
I would have preferred a minty as new one but the lens is mint so can't complain.
Just a little disappointed the camera isn't mint as new
here's the listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270969635405?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Obviously his idea of looking after a camera is not the same as ours Mal

Thanks for those kind words
I saw that many I have no idea what was what and who's was who's :LOL:
The joys of buying used , I was just tempted by the add as it had the 10-22 lens and the grip and was photographed with org box, cables etc all still wrapped. and my laptop screen needs a good clean and my eyes are going at my age :LOL:
I would have preferred a minty as new one but the lens is mint so can't complain.
Just a little disappointed the camera isn't mint as new
here's the listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270969635405?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Obviously his idea of looking after a camera is not the same as ours Mal

A little tip for the future, the first thing I notice in the pic is how the eyecup is worn shiny, an indication of how much use it has had.

Thanks for that tip never really noticed but like I said my laptop doesn't have the best display in the world
however the camera is fully functioning and works a treat
The advantage of buying an already marked one is that I won't cry if I mark it myself
Did you sell yours in the end Mal

Thanks for that tip never really noticed but like I said my laptop doesn't have the best display in the world
however the camera is fully functioning and works a treat
The advantage of buying an already marked one is that I won't cry if I mark it myself
Did you sell yours in the end Mal

Nope still have it:).

Back