Yes
Whats the thoughts on buying a Canon 7D on ebay coming from
Hong kong
The company is ( E-infinity ) has VG feedback and free delivery
for £814.97

My local shop ( Wilkinsons ) are priced at £1099.00 for the same

Seems like a no brainer

Last edited:
Just had a quick look and they look ok on the surface. My thoughts though would be that it looks a bit too good to be true. Can you risk losing over £800?
Also - they don't pay import tax for you so you may get stung on that as well - copied form their ad - All import duties, taxes and related charges are not included and not covered by our side.

Also from their ad - We cover 1 year warranty by our side but NOT official warranty in customer's end while the detailed terms are the same as official warranty from manufacturer.

So warranty could be a problem if you need to ship it back to them for any problems

Last edited:
Cheers Julian

Food for thought

I was having reservations about it that's why i posted

you have put even more doubts in my mind now.

Probably stick with UK seller

Better safe than sorry.

Get hit with customs, and you'll be worse off overall than the UK seller - I considered similar but decided not to risk it.

Have a look at HDEW cameras. Although their cameras are imports, any warranty claims are done in the UK by a Canon authorised service centre, and they give a 3 year warranty. The price I got on my 550d was way better than anywhere else in the UK as well.

Have a look at www.panamoz.com as they have the 7D for sale at £812 and delivery is normally around a tenner. That is the final price with no duty etc to pay. I ordered a sigma 150-500 OS lens on jan 2nd and it was delivered on jan 6th and cost £614 delivered. Have a search around the forum and you'll find some good results.

Here is a gadget to see what the total cost would be

HERE

Looks to be around £977.96 going off the price you stated

Last edited:
I purchased a Japan model from HKBNS £779.99 all the camera had english on it and initially the menu was in Japanese yet once selected English it was basically same as UK model, apart from the obvious UK warranty and missing the rest of EU languages which weren't needed in my case.

They knocked the price down some so didn't get the full amount of duty but i did end up paying some, but the total was far less than the UK cheapest price.

Back