7dayshop 32GB SD

I bought one that arrived yesterday as it seemed like a bargain. Had a quick play in my camera last night and seemed to do what the camera spec says (burst of 15 at 5.X fps) and then clear the buffer reasonably quickly.

Is there some way of testing the speed ?

7dayshop stuff is usually of a reasonable quality. Bought quite a few cards from them in the past, SD, micro SD & CF. Only ever had one fail after 7 weeks and they replaced it, no questions asked.
If you don't like it or it fails to live up to expectations, send it back!

I bought one that arrived yesterday as it seemed like a bargain. Had a quick play in my camera last night and seemed to do what the camera spec says (burst of 15 at 5.X fps) and then clear the buffer reasonably quickly.

Is there some way of testing the speed ?

Thanks Rich.

Speed can be tested using Crystal Disk Mark.

19 MB/s read speed, 15.6 write speed. So not quite what 7dayshop quote, but I guess there is some overhead in my PC

I m not saying that its a bad card but I m not sure I would be comfortable taking lots of pics on one card then risk loosing them all just in case the card fail. Why not buy 2 16gb cards, or 4 8gb cards?

I wouldn't worry about the speed. An unreliable 32GB card can mean loss of hundreds of photos down the line.

I was planning on getting a couple of sandisk class 6 16gb cards but for the price of the 7dayshop 32gb I'm considering getting a couple of them instead.

Just out of interest what size and make of cards are folks using?

I m not saying that its a bad card but I m not sure I would be comfortable taking lots of pics on one card then risk loosing them all just in case the card fail. Why not buy 2 16gb cards, or 4 8gb cards?

I have a 16gb as well but probably wouldn't bother rotating. In about 20,000 shutter clicks on my last camera that took compact flash a picture never failed. One 'Olympus' branded xD card failed on a different camera on me but I still got the pictures off ok just couldn't take any more. Download regularly, and if some got lost, its only a hobby.

I've got the 7dayshop 32Gb one, and it appears faster than my Transcend 16Gb class 10 (timed from start of continuous burst until buffer is clear)

Or, better still 32 1GB cards. Even better - 500 64MB cards.

Card failure is extremely rare. I've been using CF cards in cameras for over 15 years and I've never, ever had one fail on me. I have, however, lost one because I had to swap it out in the field in the heat of the moment and put it 'somewhere safe'. I've also seen my friend turn puce as she thought she'd just formatted the card that held all of the morning's photos.

If card failure does happen it's much more likely to happen when it's being inserted (which happens more often with many small cards) or something nasty getting on the contacts (which can't happen when it's in the camera).

I use one big card - I can't lose it unless I lose the camera; I don't have to keep track of which cards have been used and which are empty; I keep card insertions to a minimum. I also have a spare older card - just in case I get unlucky. So I can replace the failed card and use the spare - most card failures don't make the images unrecoverable.

I'd much rather carry a single basket of eggs than try to juggle three or four separate baskets.

This card is currently only £21.49 on Amazon.

This was found by pmcgsmurf.

Last edited:

or 64 512MB cards :wacky::wacky::wacky:

I finally got round to testing my card from 7dayshop today and it gave the following results...

Read:23.5 MB/s
Write:17.2 MB/s

Back