7Dayshop Good to Go AA batteries tested - results surprised me!

Name
Tristan
Edit My Images
Yes
I ordered 4 sets of 7Dayshop 'Good to Go' 2150mAh to try. I am aware that they haven't always had the best write up but decided I would give them the benefit of the doubt and have a stab.

Put them through my analyser and the results were pleasantly surprising!

Initial Charge: They are supposed to come pre-charged and lose charge very slowly compared to standard NIMH. Worst cell held 1747mAh and best cell 1810mAh charge 'out of packet'. Not bad and certainly better than I was expecting and considering they have the manufacture date of October 13 stamped on them they have held the charge reasonably well over 4 months. Certainly a lot better than standard NIMH.

First full charge: Post the first full charge/discharge cycle all 8 cells averaged about 1900mAH capacity, again not bad but nothing to write home about.

Post full refresh cycle (several charge/discharge cycles): Worst cell reads 2310mAh, Best cell reads 2380mAh, well above their rated 2150mAh.

Have yet to carry out a conclusive flash recycle test but when using a battery pack (8 x AA in the pack and 4 in the flash) the recycle is pretty much instantaneous unless at full power even with poor batteries.

Thought my results might be of interest to any other 'battery geeks' out there!

I use them and could never understand their bad rep. They are as fast recycling as my 'better' NiMHs they just don't last as long (as I'd expect), but the 'stay fresh' is awesome, I've never been able to keep NiMH's in good nick because my battery usage is feast and famine.

Another happy GTG user - they are cheap enough that I can have multiple spare packs, so as soon as a set starts to fade I can just swap in fresh ones, stick the discharged ones to charge with no worries. I use them in everything from flashguns (occasional heavy use) to kids toys (very random use!). Never had a problem with them.

I have several IQ-328 made by accupower but i believe the same thing is available under many brand names. It's a cracking bit of kit for the money, they just get used as a smart charger when I am not 'refreshing' any cells.

I always run new sets through a refresh cycle, maximises their capacity from the start :)

Thanks for that, never come across them before!!...just the kind of kit that should be available for 7D and 5D batteries, IMO, did you just go down the Amazon route to buy it?.....or perhaps I'll put an ad in the wanted section!

George

I have 2 sets. One set is in my YN565 and I recharge them after a night of use. I've noticd that if I put the unused set back in the charger the charge light stays lit for quite some time (hours) even though they've never been used since the last time they were charged?

Just got them, so I cant vouch for the 'ready to go' or 'stay charged' aspect of them.

The new type electrodes and purer chemical formula in Low self discharge type reduces the discharge rate but makes them more expensive, so I have no doubt that value LSD batteries are not as good as something like eneloop's but if they are better than normal NiMh that works for me day to day :)

Back