85mm ish for Canon

Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all

Kit lens I have with my low-end 35mm SLR is 28-90mm which I find quick focus wise but would like a faster lens, not least because I have quite wobbly hands :eek:

Not got much money, so any options spring to mind? I have the 50mm/1.8 so is there a cheap tele/extender to take it to approx 85mm?

I like my 135/2.8 but its a bit long a lot of the time, photographing my kids mainly.

Cheers!

85mm F1.8 springs to mind immediately :)

Nah, the 85mm f/1.2 is really only for subjects that aren't jumping around all over the place. It's got the slowest AF known to mankind - not really surprising when you consider that it's essentially a 1kg lump of glass - and whilst it delivers really yummy images it can't deliver them very quickly. I wouldn't use it for photographing kids, unless I'd super-glued them to the chair first.

The 85mm f/1.8, on the other hand, is great for this sort of work. Light, sharp, and very fast to focus. And a quarter the price.

Nah, the 85mm f/1.2 is really only for subjects that aren't jumping around all over the place. It's got the slowest AF known to mankind - not really surprising when you consider that it's essentially a 1kg lump of glass - and whilst it delivers really yummy images it can't deliver them very quickly. I wouldn't use it for photographing kids, unless I'd super-glued them to the chair first.

The 85mm f/1.8, on the other hand, is great for this sort of work. Light, sharp, and very fast to focus. And a quarter the price.

Ignore me then!

Back