960 GB SSD £159 at Ebuyer with code SSD

Is it a "good" drive to get ?

I've a friend who's thinking of upgraded to an SSD, but he's unsure what to look at as some reports / reviews suggest some are much quicker than others ???

Well, i think it mostly comes down to how you use it. Here's some performance ratings. I'll always recommend reading a review on it before buying.

http://www.computershopper.com/storage/reviews/sandisk-ultra-ii-960gb/(page)/2#review-body

sandisk-ultra-ii-pcmark-7.jpg

Ooooo its pretty damned fast :)

5403 whatsits

Just bought one :naughty: and went via Quidco.

Now to research what I have to do to my BIOS to install the little beauty.

Last edited:
Just bought one :naughty: and went via Quidco.

Now to research what I have to do to my BIOS to install the little beauty.

its just a SATA drive Steve so just connect it up :)

there are some settings relating to moving fro xp to W7/W8 etc is it UEFI od whastit?

Not a bad price but I reckon these will start creeping towards the £120 mark by middle of the year

There was a deal recently and I picked one of these up. My laptop is a 4 year old i5 with an original 750Gb disk, still has space on it but the whole thing was just taking forever to do anything. Cloned disk without removing anything, swapped over and it's like a new laptop (except without the USB3 ports :) )

Would strongly recommend for replacing laptop HD and I've got a couple of smaller ones in the desktop as boot/ programme disk and a scratch disk/ working photo storage area

Back