!973 Land rover light weight

Some great shots

My best mate would live them, his a Landy geek

You'll find it horribly noisy, OK for short journeys, but rough on fuel.
Running costs in total not that bad as spares and consumables are quite cheap. Most servicing is easy enough to do at home with basic tools.

But you get some funny looks at the garage when you open the door, lift the seat and start putting the fuel in......

I think they were designed to fit two abreast in an Argosy hence the angle on the bonnet hence lightweight and transportable...

Nice pics just make sure it's 12v not 24v for the trailer as there are quite a few out there. Worth fitting a Fairey overdrive and kenlow fan to save ££££'s on fuel. Great fun to drive too...

Its deffo fun to drive need a couple of door tops for it really noisy too but only use it to got to the shore when going boating so not going to be used that much ...Havent checked it its 12 or 24 v ....Has already been converted to gas so that might make it a bit more economical to run . Been at work since she arrived so havent had a chance to take her through the fields yet ....

Its deffo fun to drive need a couple of door tops for it really noisy too but only use it to got to the shore when going boating so not going to be used that much ...Havent checked it its 12 or 24 v ....Has already been converted to gas so that might make it a bit more economical to run . Been at work since she arrived so havent had a chance to take her through the fields yet ....

If your going to use it in salt water can I suggest that you get the chassis cleaned up any already rusty areas cleaned up and then properly sealed that should help you out a lot in the long run (y) for the shot term cost

I should add congratulations on a really nice purchase (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Back