A 750 mile round day trip - Lake District

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
As the title says, I decided I would embark on a 750 mile round trip to the Lakes, but I would do it in 1 day. I left at 1:33am and was home at 10:02pm the same day.
Sounds crazy, but I had a good day, and got a couple of shots I was really quite happy with.
I've chosen six from the day to share with you, in chronological order.
A full write up is available to read on my blog - http://www.jrturnerphotography.co.uk/blog/2013/11/the-lake-district-daytrip
I welcome your comments and criticism.

1 - Buttermere - Dawn.

2 - Ashness Jetty - Mid Morning.

3 - Ashness Jetty - Mid Morning.

4 - Honister Pass - Midday.

5 - Derwent Water - Late Afternoon.

6 - Ashness Jetty - Sunset.

Now that's enthusiasm and dedication.

4,5 and 6 for me.

I think there is only one appropriate smiley for this level of dedication.............................:wacky: !!! ;) But well done and some really good results considering how you described the conditions in your blog!! (y)

Thanks all! It is indeed slightly crazy, but it's all good fun, even if the drive up entailed heavy diversions for roadworks and the drive back was in terrible conditions!
I think my next big 3h+ trip is going to be the Yorkshire Dales, early next year, for a day again.

Thanks Steve, although I'm keeping them all :LOL:
I agree the last two are my favourites, although no big stopper here, I pulled my 0.6 and 0.3 grads down to act as ND's.

Thanks Rich :) I think there's a strong chance 6 will be printed, framed and hung on my wall when I have some spare pennies.
I really was, just a quick wander down there and I'd have had it to myself! :LOL:

1 and 5 are my favourites and I would gladly have either on my wall.

So Swindon to the Lakes and back in day? Wow, that is impressive, so much so that if you feel compelled to do that again and want a 10 stop, you can pop into mine on the way and I will gladly let you take the big stopper for a day.

I admire the dedication!

Thanks Tom!

Indeed it was Swindon - Buttermere, driving around up there and then departed from Ashness and headed straight back down to Swindon with a services stop for some tea! A very long day and I was knackered after only 3 hours sleep.

I will definitely be up there again, and if I haven't got one by then, I might just take you up on that offer - thanks!

Thanks all! It is indeed slightly crazy, but it's all good fun, even if the drive up entailed heavy diversions for roadworks and the drive back was in terrible conditions!

Very crazy. If you were a professional driver, you would have broken the driving hours rules - Looks like it was worth it though!!

Steve.

Crikey, never seen so many shots of one subject, Ashness Landing, posted so close together, beautiful still water you had, love the last shot, put mine to shame.

Regards Paul

Worth the drive Jake, 1st and last are my favourites.. personally I've never had much luck with the weather when visiting the Lake District, I'm only 2hrs away though so should follow your lead and shoot up there the next time the forecast looks promising

Simon

Treat yourself to a B&B stopover next time maybe. This time of year, probably spoilt for choice. Then you can have a few pints of snecklifter in the evening! :beer:

So you went all the way round to Buttermere before you started? Great set, when the weathers good its a great place to be.

Hi James, yes I drove directly from home to Buttermere for a sunrise with fellow photographers, Martin Steele, Josh Wyborn & Mark Helm.
Then headed round the honister pass. I spent the entire day in that area.
Thanks for your comments.

Back