A Baby in a flower....(C+C pls)

Name
Dan Short
Edit My Images
Yes
A very good afternoon to all,

I thought I'd try something slightly different with 2 photographs that I took. (One of my now 12 day old son and one of a flower that came in a congratulatory bunch of flowers) Id seen something like this image somewhere, probably on the web? Im sure its not to every body's taste, but I do think its sweet & sweet sometimes is GOOD? As always i'd love to hear your C+C/Comments

Stay Safe

Dan S(y)

Ben_in_a_flower_sml.jpg

It was probably an Anne Geddes shot that you saw. She produced some amazing work long before composite images really used. Some of her best stuff was the early pics that were set up and shot as seen, rather than the photoshop creations.

Your shot is as good a creative idea as any I've seen but I think you need to just give it a little more work in the post process to get it 100% the joins between the two images are just a bit too hard and sharp. Some softening of the edges where the layers meet would really make a very good image great.

Oh...... and far more importantly, congrats on the arrival of the little lad. :D

One thing to keep in mind when layering two photos, is the direction of the light one the 'real' image. For instance with this image you can see the light comes from the top right hand corner onto the flower leaving the bottom left slightly shadowed. So using the burn and occasionaly dodge tools on Photoshop try and re-create what shadows and highlighhts would have been shown on the little guy if he were actualy flopped ontop of a huge flower.

Also a little tweaking with the contrast/hue/brightness of the image of the baby to make it overall a little softer in tone would definately help seeing as the flower has such soft colours to it.

Hope you understood that as im more of a 'do-er' than a teacher and i've only been fidling with photoshop for the past year.

Also congrats on the litte guy, hopefully he stays this cute all the time (y)

It was probably an Anne Geddes shot that you saw. She produced some amazing work long before composite images really used. Some of her best stuff was the early pics that were set up and shot as seen, rather than the photoshop creations.

Your shot is as good a creative idea as any I've seen but I think you need to just give it a little more work in the post process to get it 100% the joins between the two images are just a bit too hard and sharp. Some softening of the edges where the layers meet would really make a very good image great.

Oh...... and far more importantly, congrats on the arrival of the little lad. :D

One thing to keep in mind when layering two photos, is the direction of the light one the 'real' image. For instance with this image you can see the light comes from the top right hand corner onto the flower leaving the bottom left slightly shadowed. So using the burn and occasionaly dodge tools on Photoshop try and re-create what shadows and highlighhts would have been shown on the little guy if he were actualy flopped ontop of a huge flower.

Also a little tweaking with the contrast/hue/brightness of the image of the baby to make it overall a little softer in tone would definately help seeing as the flower has such soft colours to it.

Hope you understood that as im more of a 'do-er' than a teacher and i've only been fidling with photoshop for the past year.

Also congrats on the litte guy, hopefully he stays this cute all the time (y)

Thanks guys for the input, I'll have another go at the PS side of things and go from there,

Cheers Dan S(y)

Back