a battery of questions

Edit My Images
Yes
i have a fuji s6500fd and for the last couple months whenever i take the batteries out for longer than a few hours i have to reset the date time and volume settings etc. i am assuming there is an internal battery for this but i cant find it. i have looked all over the camera including in the battery compartment. i dont have the manual. can anyone help me out?

another battery question. i use rechargables and sometimes when i am recharging them they get really hot. not always though. is this a problem with the batteries or the charger? i have suspected for a while that i have a rogue battery in my stash as sometimes the batteries run down much quicker than i would expect them too and dont seem to hold a charge if i dont use them with in a week or two. i like to make sure i have spare batteries when ever i go out so i always have spare charged ones in the bag. if i dont need them for a bit i find when i put them in they are dead (or nearly). is this usual for all rechargables? i find it infuriating and i dont know if its the batteries or the charger or even the camera. blarg.

sorry i hate batteries. and leads. :|

i have a fuji s6500fd and for the last couple months whenever i take the batteries out for longer than a few hours i have to reset the date time and volume settings etc. i am assuming there is an internal battery for this but i cant find it. i have looked all over the camera including in the battery compartment. i dont have the manual. can anyone help me out?

It probably has got an internal battery that might need replacing. You can often find a PDF version of the manual on line.

another battery question. i use rechargables and sometimes when i am recharging them they get really hot. not always though. is this a problem with the batteries or the charger? i have suspected for a while that i have a rogue battery in my stash as sometimes the batteries run down much quicker than i would expect them too and dont seem to hold a charge if i dont use them with in a week or two. i like to make sure i have spare batteries when ever i go out so i always have spare charged ones in the bag. if i dont need them for a bit i find when i put them in they are dead (or nearly). is this usual for all rechargables? i find it infuriating and i dont know if its the batteries or the charger or even the camera. blarg.

sorry i hate batteries. and leads. :|

Sounds like you have a rapid charger. Yes, they do get very hot. And in my experience standard reahcargeables are a) poor at at holding charge, and b) rapid charging makes them even worse. Sanyo Eneloops (or equivalent new technology) are the ones to get but personally I have given up on the pesky things and just use disposable AA batts now, as they're so cheap (I hate batteries too).

The manual can be downloaded from Fuji`s website. I bought an energizer 15 minute charger last year, the batteries that came with it are now dead and have been binned, the charger will also only charge my Hybrio batteries, it wont charge my others (it did before). My camera also loses its settings when changing the batteries. With normal rechargeables you have to use them or lose them!

Back