A Beginners Guide to TP Meets

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Many people are often wary about attending their first forum meet, worried that other members are already friends, better shooters, or whatever. So, with that in mind and as a staff member I felt it was time I demonstrated that TP meets are absolutely normal and nothing to be worried about. No one is odd or does strange things, in fact I would go as far as to say they are all perfectly normal :naughty:

1 - we visit a bar for a cooling drink, it would be rude not to.

3693765673_038dbf61c8_o.jpg

2 - have a general mess with each others cameras whilst waiting for attention from the waiting staff

3693766101_89ce660acb_o.jpg

3 - some mutual chimping and general lens pointing

3694572918_d9cc420564_o.jpg

4 - get BEER! VERY important and NORMAL behaviour I am sure you will agree.

3694573396_2ecef698ff_o.jpg

:cautious: ok, I admit, this is all sounding a bit.... toggy...but never fear, they really are normal blokes, dead friendly, lovely, charming, fellas....especially when...

..a table full of wimmen are in the offing....Bye fellas :wave:

3693767649_64074ca78f_o.jpg

:LOL:

please feel free to add further evidence of normality to this thread :naughty:

ok, I admit, this is all sounding a bit.... toggy...but never fear, they really are normal blokes, dead friendly, lovely, charming, fellas....especially when...

..a table full of wimmen are in the offing....Bye fellas :wave:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

yeah but look who got to the table of wimmin first ,,,,( well done that man ):clap:

nice time in the bar was had by all. A non TP member/alien reported on the meet/conversations. The non member/alien knows nothing about photography and was evesdropping.

They all sat around a big round table and from an assortment of canvas bags all unzipped and took out their equipment. They refered to themselves as Toggers and some claimed to have big togger equipment and some small. Some claimed they could stand rigid and still for 1/2 a second, others needed support, some holding by hand, others just liked to flash.

Mainly these toggers are male and when some females sat down they all reached for their equipment and with chairs flying all over the place they ran to snap them. The toggers with big togg equipment stood further back so as not to hurt the females, thay all got quite excited and flashed all over the place....................

I heard somene call this a TP Tog Meet and it is assumed this is normal practice for earthlings.................

nice time in the bar was had by all. A non TP member/alien reported on the meet/conversations. The non member/alien knows nothing about photography and was evesdropping.

They all sat around a big round table and from an assortment of canvas bags all unzipped and took out their equipment. They refered to themselves as Toggers and some claimed to have big togger equipment and some small. Some claimed they could stand rigid and still for 1/2 a second, others needed support, some holding by hand, others just liked to flash.

Mainly these toggers are male and when some females sat down they all reached for their equipment and with chairs flying all over the place they ran to snap them. The toggers with big togg equipment stood further back so as not to hurt the females, thay all got quite excited and flashed all over the place....................

I heard somene call this a TP Tog Meet and it is assumed this is normal practice for earthlings.................

Spoken like a true Alien..

Brill, I had no idea they where their until Tony took over like a proper pap and shoved his camera in our faces, lol.

I was like, 'what the heck!'

Turned around and got the celeb treatment, what are they like! ...if that was my 15 minutes I want my money back!

Haha.. when you've got pap in your blood.. :naughty:

Anyway, whenever there was any nice looking women about... HE was there!! talk about greedy.. :LOL:

_MG_2588-1.jpg

But as Yv has posted pics to prove how normal we all are, here are a few more from the pub..

Heres one that i took.. hang on.. im IN the pic!! MD!!!!! what did you do???

_MG_2599.jpg

I think Yv took this, but i cant be sure..
This is me and Fabs trying to work out how to use a phone!
_MG_2598.jpg

This is our Shutterman (Nigel) trying to work out where to put the DVD.. well, it IS a Sony.. they make TV's and stuff... :shrug:

_MG_2584.jpg

Then.. i try to take a pic of our lovely lady boy.. and get harrassed by HIM!

_MG_2571.jpg

_MG_2570.jpg

I was an absolute gent on the meet! i didnt get in the way of anyone or nuffink...

Luv ya... (y)

1695361890_ee96dbfc3f_o.jpg

SimonTALM informing passers by that the Queen was to make an appearance at the Blackpool Illuminations (they believed him!!)

Blimey Tony, you could have got me in focus!:puke: :LOL:

Blimey Tony, you could have got me in focus!:puke: :LOL:

But i was trying to take a picture of our host..ess... :shrug: not you!! anyway, your face is out of focus anyway, same as Nigels.. :LOL:

I can prove it too!!!

i really need to get my bum to another meet!

You might want to rephrase that!! :naughty:

:muted:

:shrug: Whaaat...

Oi Fabs!! Your hotshoe cover was ON the camera when Nigel had it, did you ever find it? :cautious:

Unfortunately not. I took it off when I put the flashgun on but I thought I had put it in my pocket. :shrug: But can we blame Nigel anyway? :D

Those Sony people think of everything.. like the flap you get on the video player that stops kiddies putting their fingers inside.. what was the cover for Marc?? minidisc?? Or the new thing.. Betamax video??? naa.. its too small for that.. must be for the headphones.. funny looking Walkman eh!!

:woot:

Those Sony people think of everything.. like the flap you get on the video player that stops kiddies putting their fingers inside.. what was the cover for Marc?? minidisc?? Or the new thing.. Betamax video??? naa.. its too small for that.. must be for the headphones.. funny looking Walkman eh!!

:woot:

:razz: Well at least I don't take pictures with a photocopier!! :D

theres nothing wrong with my Xerox! i mean canon!!...

HELP HELP.. IM BEING REPRESSED!!!

i think there should be WAR declared on the AXIS of EVIL! that is SONY!! the Alies, that should be Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus ect.. we should CRUSH YOUR BONES..... said in my best BORAT voice.. (y)

Im off to sharpen my lens hoods.. i shall return......

i think there should be WAR declared on the AXIS of EVIL! that is SONY!! the Alies, that should be Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus ect.. we should CRUSH YOUR BONES..... said in my best BORAT voice.. (y)

:tumbleweed:

Looks like you're on your own! :LOL:

OK big nose.. Im Brian and so is my wife.. nuff said....

Back