No
Olympus XAs on eBay

BiN: £108.99

the seller said:
In excellent condition.

There are a few scratches and small ding on he film door see 2nd photo

New Seals.

Fully Functional and Working correctly.

This is the ulimate pocket MF film camera.

Same seller,
BiN: £134.99

the seller said:
In excellent condition.

New Seals.

Fully Functional and Working correctly.

Comes with flash A11 + original insructions + soft case.

OK, they've got new seals, but £135 for an XA? :eek: :D

Pretty much everything I've seen from that seller has been priced (to be charitable) at the top end of the market.

The Olympus XA's are smashing little cameras, but these are definitely a tad overpriced! :eek:

Having looked at the rest of his eBay store, he seems to be charging the same kind of prices as the Nicholas Camera Co. in Camden. I can't imagine his costs are anywhere near theirs, though.

There are often suspiciously high first bids on a camera that go through to the end of the auction. I assume this is the seller priming the market, is that correct? Is he gambling paying his own fees in the hope of enticing other bidders in?

I am absolutely sure thats the case with quite a few.
I wonder if any fee is payable if the purchase price is not paid and the purchase is cancelled my mutual agreement. Possibly not

Having looked at the rest of his eBay store, he seems to be charging the same kind of prices as the Nicholas Camera Co. in Camden. I can't imagine his costs are anywhere near theirs, though.

Just checked out their address via google maps - It appears to be a bedsit.

WTF?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLYMPUS-35RD-..._Cameras_ET&hash=item3a5fa29b1d#ht_500wt_1156

eBay Ad said:
OLYMPUS 35RD CAMERA IN EXCELLENT CONDITION

ON OFFER IS A OLYMPUS 35RD CAMERA IN EXCELLENT CONDITION,THE FRONT AND REAR LENS OPTICS ARE SCRATCH AND DUST FREE,THERE IS NO FUNGUS.THE CAMERA HAS NO DENTS,THE TOP PLATE IS CLEAN,THE BASE PLATE IS CLEAN,THE FILM CHAMBER IS NICE AND CLEAN,THE CAMERA BACK IS CLEAN,ITS AN EXCELLENT RANGEFINDER CAMERA.IT IS COMPLETE.TWO OF THE SHUTTER BLADES ARE SLIGHTLY BENT.ITS AN EXCELLENT CHANCE TO REPAIR THE CAMERA.BUY WITH CONFIDENCE

Excellent condition? Nice to tell us that two of the shutter blades are slightly bent.

I wonder how that happened?

ebay_Oly_rd.jpg

some assembly required... :)

****Olympus XAs on eBay

BiN: £108.99

erm and how much better is it compared to my XA2 for 50p.

erm and how much better is it compared to my XA2 for 50p.

Slightly. I've had all of the XA series at some time or other. Currently have an XA and XA3. The XA4 is the most sought after and priciest. I can't for the life of me remember what happened to mine.

Slightly. I've had all of the XA series at some time or other. Currently have an XA and XA3. The XA4 is the most sought after and priciest. I can't for the life of me remember what happened to mine.

New idea:- a Xa version competition :cool:...mind you I think I'd get a bit bored using a XA2 for 24 shots. :(

I got that little XA2 during the week and have already put three films through it... if it had AF it really would be the perfect pocket camera. Even stood on the roof of the pickup at night on self-timer it exposes properly! If I could only remember that the bloody lens door resets the focus every time you close it I'd be sorted :(

PS - mju, yes, I know, but they are a bit... not pretty :(

Last edited:
Back