A Bit Of A Long Welsh Signpost

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
Llangollen March 2023

And it's not the Llanfair gogogoch place...

Ysiopfachgardiauwrthybontdrosyrafonddyfrdwyynllangollen

Which roughly translates as, if I remember correctly: "the small card shop next to the River Dee in Llangollen" (I'm sure any Welsh speakers will correct my translation)

long-welsh-shop-sign-llangollen-0979.jpg

Not only do the Welsh "sing far too loud, far too often and flat" (apologies to Flanders and Swann) but they deliberately leave out the spaces between words, in the belief that this makes them look cleverer than they are! :naughty: :coat:

Not only do the Welsh "sing far too loud, far too often and flat" (apologies to Flanders and Swann) but they deliberately leave out the spaces between words, in the belief that this makes them look cleverer than they are! :naughty: :coat:

It's the inner German coming out. ;)

It's only to disorientate non-Welsh...

And you can no longer visit the Brecon Beacons

Thanks everyone, we saw an equally long and unpronounceable sign, which I didn't photograph in Corwen 'Canhwyllauachreeftauynyrhendygwaithcorwen'

Back