A bit of "damp" motocross

Edit My Images
Yes
With recent dreadful weather most motocross tracks were closed this weekend - apart from a venue just down the road from me. Track was a little damp to start with and stayed that way pretty much through the day.

Untitled1_zps7c6e7c02.jpg

IMGP0072_zpsa272a224.jpg

IMGP0781_zpsd4aa054b.jpg

IMGP9915_zps13686b69.jpg

IMGP9928_zpsd2ff49d8.jpg

Loving the mud monsters :D

Am hoping to get back into MX this season, these are wetting my appetite (y)

All very good, sharp etc. Some nice light as well esp on #1.

It would be good to inject some variety as all the shots are a similar frame-filling look. Some wider angles to show the overall scene, some spectators, detail shots of mud-covered goggles etc.

All very good, sharp etc. Some nice light as well esp on #1.

It would be good to inject some variety as all the shots are a similar frame-filling look. Some wider angles to show the overall scene, some spectators, detail shots of mud-covered goggles etc.

Totally agree with you Tobers, unfortunately good clear close up shots are generally the sort of thing the riders are looking for when you cover an event and these little club races have very few spectators to convey a feeling of atmosphere they just become a bit of clutter in the background. Very rarely get the chance to have time to get "creative".

Yes definitely time we saw some more motocross from you, been quite a while. Hawkstone has a big line up this year, you guys going?

Nope, having "lost" our main news subject in MX we shan't be "enjoying" that one this year.

There might be a new kid on the block, but failing that it will be strictly for fun - which is fine by me to be honest.

Nope, having "lost" our main news subject in MX we shan't be "enjoying" that one this year.

There might be a new kid on the block, but failing that it will be strictly for fun - which is fine by me to be honest.

Sometimes going "just for fun" can be so refreshing and make you realise why you enjoyed photography and the particular sport in the first place allowing you to shoot what you want not what you need to.

Look forward to seeing some of your FUN shots throughout the year

Never been to a motocross event, but I have to say, that looks a lot of fun! I do like image #1, the lighting is particularly good.
......Maybe I'll give motocross a try sometime :)

The low sun in the afternoon gave some very interesting effects but very challenging exposures and extremely difficult to keep my own shadows out of frame

Definitely have a go Chris, just a word of warning - Motocross Photography is addictive!!

Back