A bit of fun - WORDLE. (NB, US spelling!) No spoilers please

I had the original link in my favourites bar and when I clicked on it this morning, I was redirected automatically to the NYT site. Probably around 08:00. Stats appar to have carried over from the old home.

stats are maintained but your streak has restarted

Here's what mine looks like now:

streak.jpg

In the Wordle settings under FAQs it says it should restore your streak after playing today ...

How do you share your stats? (windows 10 laptop numpty!)

I'm on PC here too, I just 'prt sc' and paste it into irfanview [free program] in there I can do a quick crop and save it as a jpeg then just attach it in my post here. Must check mine to see if it restores for me, I can try in just under 4hrs

4 here too.
Its lost all my history.

I managed a 3 today :)

1 green and 1 yellow on the first guess.

4 today. Still not convinced!

My streak was fairly short anyway, after the fail earlier in the week.

CBA with the prt sc thing!

My opening choice tomorrow is going to be Noise.

This will be interesting...

My opening choice tomorrow is going to be Noise.

This will be interesting...
I stick with the same opening (AEONS) since it contains 5 of the 8 most common letters. I wonder what other strategies are used?

Well a standard 4 for me again today. 0, 3Y, 2G 2Y, 5G.

I stick with the same opening (AEONS) since it contains 5 of the 8 most common letters. I wonder what other strategies are used?

I use TRIES but I'm having a rethink. Might go for lesser used letters in the hope that a hit will be more revealing!

4 today ... 2Y, 2y+1G, 2Y+2G, 5G

I use TRIES but I'm having a rethink. Might go for lesser used letters in the hope that a hit will be more revealing

I use ADIEU as my opener

Me neither!

4 for me again.

I use REACT as my opener, sometimes good!

Last edited:
Having read the replies, it occurs to me, following my ’system’, that IRATE might be a good choice. Contains 5 of the 6 commonest letters in English words.

I’m not sure my ‘system’ has any validity as I can think of possible flaws. :(.

It takes me like 5 seconds total, but yeah no need for images, I just got in the habit of doing it for other stuffs

today's stumped me for a bit as I had the second letter and one yellow on first guess and I swear that green made it harder!

I’m just going to use a word beginning with N, only because it not been used for some while!

I’m just going to use a word beginning with N, only because it not been used for some while!

I've been using words beginning with P for a bit now, seen it come up regular enough. won't say what one of my main go to's is because in this case it gives away a green ;)

4 today but had to go away and let it ferment :(.

Struggled to a 4 today :(.

4 again today

3 for me, a head scratcher for sure :help:

4 again today but it really should have been a three, 1G 2Y, 2G 1Y, 3G, 5G.

Back to 3 for me too! Changed my starter and that did the trick.2g1y, 4g, fin!

4, but damn that was a tough one - took some thinking [and 2 coffees!]

4 for me also, I use todays word a lot but it didn’t look right written down.

Got a little bit confused over the weekend, I have been using the high-contrast colours as I’m colourblind and struggled to differentiate between the orange/green. When it moved to NYTimes, it reset to normal and took me a while to work out why what looked like correct letters were intact incorrectly placed! :facepalm:

Ooh! NASTY!!! 4.

Yes, very nasty. 4 for me, after two guesses revealed 10 grey! Then 1 green and 2 yellow.

A head scratching 4………

A very lucky 4 today

A 3 for me today, 1Y,1G 1Y, 5G, again the wrong letters were the most helpful didn't leave much it could have been.

Reactions: Nod
Back