Beginner A BRIDGE OR NOT A BRIDGE INFO

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi could any one advise I'm thinking of getting a bridge camera to have when not up to caring my kit around, I LOOK AT THE CANON POWERSHOT SX60 as any one used this one at what image Q is like, I no its not going to be up to kit Q but how bad the drop off, thanks

On Flickr you can search for images taken with any specific camera, at least some of which will be accessible at full size.

I think a lot depends on what you are going to be using it for, the style of photography your interests lie in - Bridge cameras are good within their limitations meaning that you won't get DSLR quality images from it, but if used well, can give decent shots.
A lot of Birders carry a Bridge camera on them for record shots of distant birds and get decent results but if you are into landscape or general walk around stuff, you may be better considering a higher end compact camera as there are some really good ones around that will give far better results generally, the Sony RX100 series being one of them.
I have owned both the SX 50 HS & SX 60 HS and both are good cameras offering reasonable quality images, but I went into it with eyes wide open and knew that to compare the images to a decent body & lens set up would be foolish.
If used well, Bridge cameras can be surprisingly good at times, but I'm sure most people would agree that it's not a replacement for a DSLR.
Maybe you should consider M43 as well, you'll lose some carrying weight but will still have the option to add lenses that suit your needs.
That's my ten pence worth, not sure if it helps or just throws more spanners into the works but good luck with whatever you decide.

Back