A Buggy Weekend

Edit My Images
No
Happy Buggy Weekend everyone! :)

This one landed on my arm:

This one landed in a yellow cup (once I'd caught him):

And this one landed on my neck and scared the cr*p out of me:

Anyway, off to a garden centre today to buy plants for the garden. Anyone have recommendations for insect attracting flowers? :)

The detail in the spider shot is great - just look at all those eyes :puke:

That last one is a Leaf Shield Bug. Nice sharp shots Rich. (y)

Try planting a Buddleia. It's known as the 'Butterfly Bush', and it attracts them like a magnet once they're in bloom.

Dont think I can recall seeing a spider scared before, but I think that second shot has captured it - looks realy woeful of its surroundings in that yellow cup.

Well captured on all counts :)

Thanks everyone!

CT said:
Try planting a Buddleia. It's known as the 'Butterfly Bush', and it attracts them like a magnet once they're in bloom.

Ooooh got one of those already, just started flowering as well (y)

Filled the boot with flowers, good old Focus and their 25% off :)

Too hot to plant them though...

Nice shots Rich, like the backgrounds and angles too.

nice!

trouble with buddliehs is they just keep growing!!!

matty said:
nice!

trouble with buddliehs is they just keep growing!!!
And they attract butterflies.... which is fine if you like butterflies :p

Great detail in those. I'd prefer a more natural background though.

Great images, first & third are definately my favorites. Really can't fault these shots but feel like the second falls slightly behind the other two due to lack of shadow underneath (although that may be my monitors calibration - due a fine tuning).
Really amazing images - can't stop looking at the first one though. :clap:

rich846 said:
This one landed on my arm:

What funny colour arms you have ;)

Only being smart as I could not fault #1. Definitely my favourite.

Can't really fault the other two either but #1 has a certain quality that gives it appeal. Must be your unusual arms :LOL:

HIMUPNORTH said:
What funny colour arms you have ;)

I don't normally go out in the sun :LOL: :geek:

Warspite said:
Dont think I can recall seeing a spider scared before, but I think that second shot has captured it - looks realy woeful of its surroundings in that yellow cup.

Never thought about the spider looking scared but now I look again he does look a little nervy.

The white background is a little lightbox thingy I bought off ebay. It's like one of those pop-up washing baskets that you can velcro different backgrounds too. If nothing else it's good for keeping them in one place long enough to get a decent pic :)

Back