A Buttermere reflection

Very nice image Alf. However after a couple of views, my eye gets drawn to the mountain top right or water bottom left.

Nice composition but as above, needs a stiller reflection or an LE to smooth out the water a bit.

For me the left side of the images is a bit dull and could do with some work with brushes to bring it to life a big more.

Unfortunately they dont come to order :LOL:

They don't - you have to pick the very stillest of still days to achieve them - and even then...

I quite like the ripples, gives the foreground some interest

We're all different - it's all about the perfect mirror look
Nice composition but as above, needs a stiller reflection or an LE to smooth out the water a bit.

I would normally agree - the problem here is there appears to be ducks in the frame on the left - a long exp would leave all sort of smear marks from them moving and there are trees/distant folliage - chances of that lot moving during a long exp and leaving a slight blurring is possible - this sort of thing shows at 100% on full frame files - so I'd probably go with what the OP did and take a few more as it got stiller and keeping these as a fall back.

Can`t complain about this shot Alf, very pleasing to my eye`s

Thanks all glad you like it

Like that Alf, the slight ripple gives it a nice bit of interest - top of high crag pulls me eye though, I'd either crop in or would have composed without it. Would be fine if the cloud had obscured it but as is it draws the eye a bit and doesn't contribute

Lovely shot, i do love the way in autumn sun, lights up that end before it rises higher and fills all of the mountains, i haven't been there for years but i fancy sending my drone across, just above the water for a closer than normal shot.

Back