A Cocker from the weekend

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Not had sophie pose for some time. but heres one that i got.

4416844196_2ea53f3487.jpg

Bit dark i think but couldn't get the lighting right in photoshop.
4416376349_1290763c28.jpg

c + c welcome.

Last edited:
Not had sophie pose for some time. but heres one that i got.

Bit dark i think but couldn't get the lighting right in photoshop.

c + c welcome.

Photoshop is not the place to be "getting the lighting right". You should be getting the lighting right before you release the shutter. If nature isn't providing the light you need then add some, or change your position so you aren't shooting into the shadow side of your subject. At the very least, expose as brightly as you can, without burning out highlight details, and then bring the exposure down in post rather than underexposing and then trying to brighten it up.

That said, I've had a go at some quick edits. I don't know if you think they are an improvement, but I gave it a go :)

20100308_160435_3487_LR.jpg
20100308_160440_28_LR.jpg

I do think they're nice captures, but, like you say, just a bit dark. Ideally you want a sparkle (catchlight) in the eyes, if the eyes are visible. A flash, used sympathetically, or a reflector (even a white teatowel or sheet) would help lift the shadows.

Last edited:
hi thanks for the comments much appreciated. I am still unsure of the second due to sun and natural light is all over.

I think i explained my photoshop but incorrect. I rarely use ps to get lighting correct, i try all possible before. the second looked like a keep just dark reason for photoshoping or trying to light it so it could be a keeper.

The first pic edit you did does look nicer to the eye i have to admit. i think i will have a play and adjust.

again thanks for the comments, its nice to know whats not going right. :)

Back