A Cold drop of Beer

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
IT was shot in colour of course (RAW) but when I had finished in Photoshop, the browness of the garden path didn't seem to be "cold" enough.

This is just a bit abstract anyway, as we all like a drop of cold beer, so in the heavy rain that is STILL falling in Preston tonight, I decided to get a photograph of a cold beer, and it worked (fortuitously, albeit deliberately attempted) the drop was the rain hitting the path (though I had hoped it woud be bouncing off the top of the beer can, but beggars can't be choosers).

I went for black and white in the end because it is colder without colour, and it also helped to define the large splashing raindrop bouncing into the water on the flagstone.

C&C as always looked for.

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2009:08:31 22:43:46
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.400 s (1/3)
Aperture: f/3.5
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

Paul.

I like the idea but think it could have worked better. You need to find a way to make the rain drops more visible I think. In another thread someone suggested using car headlamps to light from the side as being good for this.

I like the idea but think it could have worked better. You need to find a way to make the rain drops more visible I think. In another thread someone suggested using car headlamps to light from the side as being good for this.

Headlights would be good, but I'd have to drive through 4 garden fences to have got them there for this one, hehehe.

Paul.

I like this. I think the right hand side of the shot is fabulous, with the raindrop, I might have had a play with cropping some of the left hand side out but am too much of a beginner to know whether that'd have worked or not!

Cheers guys.

Is this crop better for you?

800beer2BWcopy.jpg

Paul.

Back