A Cold Evening at The Beach

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

It's been well over a year, probably closer to two since I last got out with the camera and uploaded an image here. I still lurk here admiring the photographs of others.

As a family we went to the beach on Christmas Eve and on the off chance of a taking a decent photo I decided to take the camera.

To give something back to the forum, here's my contribution. The image is a bit 'marmite', I really like it but I'm sure many won't. I like the softness of it which is what I hand in mind when I saw the scene. The light was soft, the wind was cold and the sea was rough (not that you'd get that from the image).

Anyway, hopefully I'll get out more next year than I have this year.

Ogmore Beach - Christmas Eve

James

It has something about it, can't put my finger on it. My attention is drawn to the person with arms stretched out, gives a sense of fun on the beach.

I can see why you like this James and I do too.

I like the aspect ratio and the almost dream like soft quality to the picture.

Well taken :D

Thanks both. I took a few shots of the same composition but it was the person doing star jumps that caught my eye. Not sure why they were doing them mind!

James

Thanks both. I took a few shots of the same composition but it was the person doing star jumps that caught my eye. Not sure why they were doing them mind!

James

Yes, caught my eye too. Maybe to keep warm :D

Back