A couple from Mam Tor

Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from the former road on the lower slopes of Mam Tor, Derbyshire.

C&C please. Personally I like the composition better on #2. Unfortunately the light in #1 was a real blink and you've missed it moment so I didn't get the chance to try many shots before it had passed. What do you all think?

I know that location one and I appreciate what you were trying to achieve, unfortunately the black and white conversion seems to have robbed them of depth and also removed the contrast bettween the broken road and the green hilside.

I do agree that the composition on number 2 works better and would like to see the colour origionals. I'd also like to see them a bit bigger I think the forum limit is 800px on the longest side.

Very nice pictures and it called the Broken Road that lead from Blue John Cavern to Treak Cliff Cavern ;)

Definitely much better in colour!

Personally, I'm not sure the road adds anything though and I'd prefer it cropped out in these. Alternatively, I think we need a little more of it to show it as a 'broken road' in context. At the moment, as nice as the lighting is in #1, it looks a little like you've stopped the car and taken a quick shot.

Back