A couple from SW:CE

Edit My Images
Yes
Finally got round to looking at some of the pics I took whilst in London in July. These were shot in jpg, 30d, with the 28-105. These were definately more snap/grab shots than planned. The camera was taken down as an accessory rather than going there with the express intention of taking photos which was a first for me really since getting the DSLR.

We spent more time wandering round soaking up the atmosphere and listening to the talks and things, it was great fun and I met a load of really nice people.

Mark Hamill whilst giving a talk on the Friday night, we were sat on the front row.

1.jpg

Warrick Davies, star of Willow, (he was Wicket in Return of the Jedi), he's been in Harry Potter, allsorts. He was the master of ceremonies for all of the talks with the stars/crew, he did an excellent job and he was a lovely bloke. Even had me up to the stage to have a chat with him.

3.jpg

An Imperial Stormtrooper, threatening to shoot me when I raised my 30d to my eye. It was fantastic, most of the people in costume were members of the 501st. Great crowd, always willing to pose for photos.

2.jpg

A Republic Clone Trooper, again he's pointing his blaster at me, I must have done something to upset him.

4.jpg

All photos have had slight tweaks to the brightness/contrast, levels and curves, with a high pass sharpen to finish.

C&C welcome, but its more of a sharing the experience than a help me improve.

Thanks for looking.

Looks like tons of fun. Wish I coulda gone. I had such a crush on Mr Hamill growing up.

nice matt looks like you had fun " which is what its all about"

Well I'm certainly not a fan Darksaber ... :D ... but these are well took images imgo ... (y)

08.gif

Oh it was great, it was even worth me paying £85 to meet him, have my photo taken with him and have a quick chat.

I've edited the first pic, gotten rid of the lights from the background that appeared as funny circles.

Well I'm certainly not a fan Darksaber ... :D ... but these are well took images imgo ... (y)

heheheh Rog, well remembered ;)

I am somewhat of a fan, yes. I was pretty overwhelmed meeting Mark, it was surreal.

I'm not quite as bad as my mate though, we had the star wars soundtracks on in the car on the way to london and he was reciting script from memory - I can do that whilst watching the films but not to the soundtrack alone.

Thanks Dave too :)

#4 looks like he could do with his paint work retouching :)

Beautifully sharp shots!

Well thats what you get fighting in wars with droids shooting lasers at you.....paintwork is bound to suffer.

Thanks Robert :)

Lovely shots - really sharp.

In no 3 shame about the poster on the wall. The rest of it looks quite Death Star-y - you could almost be there!

Thanks Oz,

You should see some of the other shots I have, Darth Vader stood in front of a Costa Coffee, the whole effect is just completely spoiled ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind comments regarding sharpness etc, that 28-105 is a nice lens, if not just a tad slow at times in low light.

Back