A couple from the back garden

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Still trying to get to grips with macro, neither come anywhere near some of the high stands I've seen here, but hey - we've all got to start somewhere.

Appreciate some constructive criticism.

Large Red Damsel

Red Damsel by TinTin1952, on Flickr

Bee on chives

Bee on chives by TinTin1952, on Flickr

The large red damsel is nice apart from the distracting white blob behind it's head. I'd say either alter your viewpoint a bit or a bit of PP work to lose it.

The Bee doesn't look very sharp to me. I can't quite work out where the focal point is. If the aperture is not narrow enough to get the whole insect in focus I'd rather see the focus on the eyes/head.

Many thanks for taking a look a giving me some comment - appreciated. Think I was so delighted to get a shot of the Damsel that everything else was ignored, maye if i'd used a flash I'd have got a darker, less distracting background !

Distracting back grounds like mine are a peril of rapidly taken shots in the garden - especially mine where there's too much clutter.

I don't think I'll waste time on PP to improve the shot, better to work on my technique giving consideration to the whole picture.

Have to admit that I thought macro would be a little easier, maybe I need to practice a little more on subjects that stay put.

Couple of good shots Mike, the damsel is my pick and the bee is a fake, it is it a Drone/hover fly (Eristalis sp). I do like the composition of that shot and the colour of the flower too. ;)

Back