a couple from to days trip

Edit My Images
Yes
herrin.jpg

Two nice shots there Pete. Your heron needs a sharpen, don't forget to sharpen after you've reduced an image in size. He's looking a bit lost against the background. I ran the shot through Noiseware, although it's not unduly noisy,increased brightness and contrast slightly and gave it a sharpen.

herrin_filtered.jpg

If you do the same with your other shot it should brighten up well, but two really good shots there. :)

what kinda sharpen did you do there? as I did a lab unsharpen after I finished crop and altering colours etc.

Lab unsharpen? I dunno if you mean Unsharp Mask Pete? Usharp Mask is probably the best way as you can sharpen in small increments and take a step back if you overdo it. With your heron shot I just used the one shot sharpen tool. What hasn't helped is Gallery has resized my version to 600 pixels. :)

by the lab I mean going in to the mode and changing to lab and selecting the lightness tab and applying the unsharp mask.

Nice shots Pete.

I would have had the seagull positioned slightly to the left so it's looking into the space on the right (Wouldn't do that for the heron though due to the tall, portrait crop).

CT said:
I just used the one shot sharpen tool.

CT - Might be misunderstanding but where is the one shot sharpen tool. Been using the High Pass Sharpen myself with some nice results....

Mr THX said:
CT - Might be misunderstanding but where is the one shot sharpen tool. Been using the High Pass Sharpen myself with some nice results....

It's a Paint Shop Pro option which I'm not sure you have in Photoshop?

Pete, that's loads better! :thumb:

Mr THX said:

High Pass Sharpen is a great way to sharpen so I'd stick with it. :)

Back