A couple i took from Day of champions

Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple very bright harsh light at times, but what do you think of these efforts?

a1_gp-1.jpg

1173909978-btcc.jpg

1173990731-dtm.jpg

nice shots, wish pics i took were that sharp (although they are getting better)

Out of interest what camera / lens did you use

Thanks you, takes abit pratice.

Sigma 50-500mm mounted on a cannon 350d using a polarising filter to allow the slower shutter speeds of 1/200- 1/250 as the sun was very harsh.

I personal quite like the first one shooting directly into the harsh sun, what does every-one else think?

Yes its a really nice shot, my fav is the Audi

Thank you both for taking the time to comment.

Can i ask why outta interest? Just after real crit, as i am looking at trying to take this from a hobby into more off a career, or atleast a hobby that pays for itself.

I like the Audi, mainly because it is a much brighter shot, really shows off the sleekness of the car. The single seater is a bit too dark, almost like it has a cast on it. But thats just my opinion.

it's subjective, 1 and 3 are both good shots but it's the Audi for me too. Can't explain exactly why but it is.

Two has either got a bit of shake on it or it's out of focus.

What time of Day did you take those. I assume they were through the flap in the fencing. Great shots by the way.

Interesting shots and one of my favourite angles you can shoot cars from. Think I would have had a tendancy to go for a faster shutter speed maybe 1/400 or 1/500 to avoid the slight blur that I think can be seen on the adverts to the Honda in number 2.

Just a personal preference, if you were going down this route though you would have had to let the car get further into the corner so as to hide the wheels to avoid it looking parked.

Think the shots could do with some photoshop work, contrast and saturation boosts maybe?

The single seater is dark with a warm filter shot directly in to the morning light. i was after the dark background with the sun reflected offthe white of the car.

All where taken at around 9-11ish in the morning through the hatch right in the height of the harsh light.

Must admit i prefer the slower shutters, how every there was so little running it was hard to get your eye in for the speed.

I shall have another tweak later with the contrasts later.

Thanks for your time guys much appriated to get you honest views.

Can I ask why you needed a polarising filter? You say you needed it to get the slower shutter speeds? Why couldnt you have stopped the lens down? The pics above seem to be at f5.6 which I assume is the widest aperture of the lens? Lenses will become sharper when stopped down, so I think you may have shot yourself in the foot there. :shrug:

Novice question here, how do you mean stop down?

I did try using larger f/'s but werent getting the images i wanted, had loads of nasty glare/sun reflections of the cars body work, and too much DOF for my liking. The day for me was a more of an experiment day, the best pics i got where with the polarising filter fitted. i got loads like the last one i posted.

The last is also the only edited on a my screen, i found my old one's w/b was well off..

The hardest part of the day was the lack of running

Back