A couple landscapes of Nant yr Arian in Wales

Name
Mac
Edit My Images
No
Took these a couple weekends ago when we were having some nice weather.
The sky's didn't coming out too well in the pictures but the greenery came out nicely :D

1)

2)

3)

4)

Mac

Yeah if you can photoshop one in I would give it a go as it is a nice pic.
If you shot in RAW you could probably recover a bit?

Nice shots :)
3 is my favorite, then 1.

Yeah if you can photoshop one in I would give it a go as it is a nice pic.
If you shot in RAW you could probably recover a bit?

Camera doesn't do RAW its a kodak bridge thingy, buying a DSLR soonish :D

Try bracketing your exposures and merging in PP if you don't have any filters.

I got some filters now and a filter adapter so hopefully it won't happen again, the bracketed thing is a good idea!

Cheers :D

I like the third image too!

For the sky in that image why not, using Photoshop, duplicate the background layer (let's call it 'Sky'). Then on the background layer, choose Adjustment -> 'Curves' and drag the center of the curve towards the bottom right (you should turn the 'eye' off on the Sky layer so you can see the effect). Then make the Sky layer visible again and just use the Eraser tool with around about a 20% opacity to erase through the Sky layer to the darker sky from the background layer beneath. Keep going over it until you get the darkness you want.

Alternatively you could just use the burn tool with a lowish opacity (I typically start with around 4-8%) and a soft brush to brush some darker tones back into the sky.

Best investment though are some good Graduated HD filters :)

I like the third image too!

For the sky in that image why not, using Photoshop, duplicate the background layer (let's call it 'Sky'). Then on the background layer, choose Adjustment -> 'Curves' and drag the center of the curve towards the bottom right (you should turn the 'eye' off on the Sky layer so you can see the effect). Then make the Sky layer visible again and just use the Eraser tool with around about a 20% opacity to erase through the Sky layer to the darker sky from the background layer beneath. Keep going over it until you get the darkness you want.

Alternatively you could just use the burn tool with a lowish opacity (I typically start with around 4-8%) and a soft brush to brush some darker tones back into the sky.

Best investment though are some good Graduated HD filters :)

Might give this a go! Cheers :D
Those filters are on my shopping list :)

Back