A couple more from Jokulsarlon

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Hi all!

Me again ;)

Just thought I'd post up a couple more photos from the Jokulsarlon floating glacier lagoon...

Jokulsarlon by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

That one was taken 8 minutes before the one on my other thread, and shows a completely different colour palette :)

Turtle Bay by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

From the beachside of Jokulsarlon the following morning - a couple of icebergs stranded at sea, with the water rushing around them. :)

Two quite different takes but equally good (y). Lovely foreground and colours in 1 and just the right amount of motion in 2 for me. My only niggle is the bit of iceberg creeping into the RHS in 2.

No.2......for me that one is just WOW.

no 2 is a good interpretation of cold, loneliness
good atmosphere of a cold place

Hi Nick nice to see you back again!
Another lovely brace you have there, beautiful light again in No1 albeit different light there is something transfixing about this scene and it has great pastel tones.
However No2 has eclipsed No1, that is absolutely stunning almost looks like a painting, that's a wall job if I ever saw one. Even though a bit 50:50 this composition carries it off well and the shutter speed works. Does it need a little tweak CW Or is that my dodgy eyesight?
I think it's a really stunning shot, nice work Nick(y)

Again, thanks all for the feedback :)

Ooo, you may be right actually - I've just applied the 'line the horizon up with the top of the browser window' trick and it is at a bit of a slant. Thanks for pointing it out :)
I have actually amazed myself especially with my dodgy eyesight! A year or so ago wondered why my shots weren't quite in focus .... Queue trip to optician and Glasses:(

2 beauties, the second is stunning. :clap:

Top drawer!
No2 has a dreamy, ethereal quality about it -almost painterly.
One for the wall definitely

I love both of these - the colours in both are fab, though obviously very different. Counting down the weeks until my trip now :)

Both really strong images but I personally favour no.2. If it was mine i'd perhaps crop a little bit from top and bottom to give it that cinematic feel. Just a suggestion but it's fantastic as is :)

First is great. Sorry to disagree with everyone but I really don't like the second. The bit of ice RHS should be out in my opinion and the colour in the sky and overall processing is too fake for me.I'm sure there is a nice pastel image in the original shot somewhere but it just feels a bit overworked.

Thanks everyone for your comments :)

First is great. Sorry to disagree with everyone but I really don't like the second. The bit of ice RHS should be out in my opinion and the colour in the sky and overall processing is too fake for me.I'm sure there is a nice pastel image in the original shot somewhere but it just feels a bit overworked.

Here's the SOOC (well, apart from the WB being changed to Lightroom's 'Daylight' preset)

Turtle Bay Sooc by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

(y)

Appreciate the feedback though :)

I love both each has its own merits

Back