A couple of Alnwick Castle

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
I would have got a bit closer had I been wearing suitable footwear.

IMG_8034CR2.jpg

IMG_8032-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
That certainly is an impressive building. I much prefer the closer version of the two and the little sprinkling of snow just adds to the image.(y)

What a great castle, and two fine photos!
Thanks, the castle was actually the setting for the original Harry Potter movie.

That certainly is an impressive building. I much prefer the closer version of the two and the little sprinkling of snow just adds to the image.(y)
Thanks, I meant to nip up there and catch one with a bit more snow on Saturday but it had melted too quickly.

Having been there, i must say that the area is gorgeous. Had you followed the path (seen in 2nd picture), it would take you closer to the castle and right next to the river, with some superb views.

DVATTIKA Photography

I actually live just a few mile down the road and have walked the footpath you mention, there are lots of good vantage points but it was just a bit too muddy on the day.
I have never taken many shots of what is really within walking distance each time I go into town, I shall have to rectify that one day.

great photos, prefer the first one, lovely part of the country you live, had a couple of holidays over that way, Wooler I think we stayed.

great photos, prefer the first one, lovely part of the country you live, had a couple of holidays over that way, Wooler I think we stayed.

Thanks Cass, I need a lovely warm (snug fitting) fleece before I go back;)

Last edited:
Fine pair of photos, know what you mean about the paths everywhere is clarty at the moment. :shake:

Liking the way you have caught the light on the stonework. Is that a sheep at the very bottom of no 2? I am thinking I like 2 better as it shows the castle in its environment if you ken fit I mean.

Like them both but could do with the dust spots in no1 removing in PP. sorry if it's my screen.

(y) Beautiful photos, How do you process them to look like they do? I would love to know.

Sorry, just noticed a few more replies to this post.

Fine pair of photos, know what you mean about the paths everywhere is clarty at the moment. :shake:

Thanks, pleased you like them and "clarty" it will remain for some time yet!

Liking the way you have caught the light on the stonework. Is that a sheep at the very bottom of no 2? I am thinking I like 2 better as it shows the castle in its environment if you ken fit I mean.

The sun is vey low this time of year and good for highlighting buildings early in the morning, and you are correct, they are sheep. Cheers and thanks.

Like them both but could do with the dust spots in no1 removing in PP. sorry if it's my screen.

Thanks, I did notice the marks they are actually birds, but they would be better cloned out as they do look as if they should not be there.

(y) Beautiful photos, How do you process them to look like they do? I would love to know.

Thanks, nothing special in my pp work, touch of saturation, sharpen, all done in Picasa that's all.

Back