a couple of "Damn! almost there" in flight shots

2nd one, as you say - shame about the wing, but nice shot on the eyes.

In both shots though, there's a very distracting foreground dominating the pic, could you have tried a different set-up angle so you could have avoided that problem?

I've no macro experience, so probably don't know what I'm talking about, but that's my tuppence :)

I like the second shot and you must have been a split second off. Hats off to wildlife photographers.

Not bad attempts John, they do tease you don't they, just hovering in one place until you just get them in focus and bang off they go again. :LOL:

Good attempts. Hovers can be so compliant and also particularly in flight but the do have this frustrating habit of darting forwards and backwards just as you have got focus.

2nd one, as you say - shame about the wing, but nice shot on the eyes.

In both shots though, there's a very distracting foreground dominating the pic, could you have tried a different set-up angle so you could have avoided that problem?

I've no macro experience, so probably don't know what I'm talking about, but that's my tuppence :)

Thanks, I never gave much thought to composition at the time, i just wanted to catch one "in-flight".
So close, as you say, very cool though! Second one especially :)
Cheers mate :)
I like the second shot and you must have been a split second off. Hats off to wildlife photographers.

Thank you
Not bad attempts John, they do tease you don't they, just hovering in one place until you just get them in focus and bang off they go again. :LOL:

Thanks Alby I think they know what we are after :bang:

Good attempts. Hovers can be so compliant and also particularly in flight but the do have this frustrating habit of darting forwards and backwards just as you have got focus.

Thanks Ian :)

Looks like you're nearly there - keep at it!

Back