A couple of grab shots of something rather special :O)

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
Well to me anyway! :love:

I know the quality is poopy, but you should have seen them before PP :LOL:
I tried a couple of different looks to try and make the most of them.

I'm wondering if they have yet more babies :thinking: As these were
taken when it was still very light (well until the clouds came in anyway).
She/he was only about 3 metres away from me!

Oh, and I am now an advocate for keeping both eyes open while shooting,
as I missed the first swoop this beauty made because I was focusing
on the pheasant show below! I would have missed it again had I not
decided to change my ways ;)

847727560_ec84c7eb21_o.jpg

847727566_9ba98a3e4c_o.jpg

And just to show you how light it was right before the clouds
came in and the Barn Owl appeared...

Thanks for looking :love:

Jo
xxxx​

Love the one where the owl is looking straight at you..done well to react so quick

Well done..... I've always said, "If you don't try - you don't get!"..... Precious moments in your life..... maybe just fleeting. The memory is a wonderful thing.

Just call the occasion back to mind, what do you see? .....

Perfectly focussed. Perfectly composed. Perfectly exposed. Not a hint of noise nor of any camera shake. Hold that memory! :clap:

You've done really well to capture that as well as you have Jo ... (y) ... Barn Owls do sometimes have second/late broods and therefore may be seen regularly hunting during 'daylight' throughout the summer months ... ;)

:p

I'd be secretly chuffed to have even seen these let alone have the cam out and pointing.

Very well caught, think i would make regular visits to that spot in the hope of getting the perfect shot.:clap: :clap:

Very well caught, think i would make regular visits to that spot in the hope of getting the perfect shot. :clap: :clap:

I agree.. and I intend sitting at my back door again tonight! :p

Thanks all, I have to admit I'm surprised by the positive tone of your replies. I really did think they were rubbish shots! :LOL:

You are SO fortunate to have even SEEN it, let alone photographed, or have them so close to home.

As said, these are lovely shots and if you never see it again you will have these as your memory........ they are good.

Im sure I am joined by many others on here that we look forward to seeing any future shots with bated breath.

You must be one very happy lady, that would've made my year !! (y)

Excellent Jo, very nicely done indeed :clap:
As everyone has said, it was good you having the camera to hand but also good that you have set yourself really high standards with such a difficult subject & I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how you meet them with your next set of shots (y)

Thanks again everyone :love:

Tonight she/he was in the tree in my garden!

I'm thinking they may well be breeding on our property now. I'm going to persevere every night now, until I get THE shot ;)

853739215_00e5165621_o.jpg

Well done! (y) If you weren't so far away you'd have a lodger. :LOL:

Well done! (y) If you weren't so far away you'd have a lodger. :LOL:

Make that 2, and Jo doesnt live far from my mum and dad ;) I think next time im in the area i may have to drop you a PM Jo :) last time i was at the Montagus Harriers i saw a Barn owl but was much too far away to get a shot, they arent far from you either Jo ;)

Make that 2, and Jo doesnt live far from my mum and dad ;) I think next time im in the area i may have to drop you a PM Jo :) last time i was at the Montagus Harriers i saw a Barn owl but was much too far away to get a shot, they arent far from you either Jo ;)

Was that at Digby fen by any chance? I want to go this weekend.. how far do you have to walk from parking up to get anywhere near close enough for shots?

Was that at Digby fen by any chance? I want to go this weekend.. how far do you have to walk from parking up to get anywhere near close enough for shots?

You park and thats it, the shots i took were with my 600 with the 1.4 attached so dont go expecting anything with a lesser lens sorry.

This is as close as you can get with my setup. If you have binoculars and are patient though you will see them !

0708-144639.jpg

Back