A couple of recent Deer from Dunham Massey

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried to get a couple of more natural looking shots despite the crowds and harsh light and these are the pick of the bunch. I do worry about the future of these creatures with the way some of the apparently intelligent human beings were behaving around them. These were all taken at a respectful distance and with longer focal lengths as opposed to finding the Deer with the biggest antlers and taking a selfie with a mobile phone led down next to it - absolutely bonkers! Anyone would think these are wild (if reasonably tame) animals. There were signs of early rutting behaviour in some of the younger males too, so it's not like there weren't warning signs...

Fallow Buck biding his time by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Fallow Deer - what you looking at by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Last edited:
Arn`t people a pain in the Ar... , where is the respect and common sense these days ? Just spoils it for everyone in the end . Nice couple of images , quite a nice Buck lying there .

Arn`t people a pain in the Ar... , where is the respect and common sense these days ? Just spoils it for everyone in the end . Nice couple of images , quite a nice Buck lying there .

Don't get me started...! Thanks for the feedback and the correction - can never remember whether 'buck' or 'stag' is correct for each species

Very nice- a little early for the Rut :)

Les

Thanks Les and yes, a little early... hoping to go back in the Autumn (but I've been saying that for the last couple of years!)

I do try to get over to Bushy Park in West London at least once during October ( 3 1/2 hr drive each way) but usually plenty of Rut action

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back