A couple of recent landscapes

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
I've been neglecting this forum for a few months, and I should really get myself back into using it.
Anyway, a couple of recent landscapes from my last few excursions. Any C&C welcomed

1) Rainbow over Swaledale
14769051429_78f7c4fbca_b.jpg

2) Walls and Heather at Surrender Bridge, Yorkshire Dales
14769107038_0773eaecd1_b.jpg

3) A burst of light, seen from the top of Dead Mans Hill, Coverdale
14944962315_eeb20a4800_b.jpg

4) Sunset Drive, Grinton Moor, Swaledale
14891166986_66d9b63d42_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I really like this complete set... with the best being #2 and #4 imo

Hi,

I like 1st one. I think is not that easy to capture rainbow. Well done. And my next fav is number 3!

Just to be different I like the Dead Mans Hill shot, is that a worked stone in the foreground?
Love the perspective and the chaotic, stormy feel of the sky...
Not your average fair weather blue sky landscape, good effort at something a bit different!

Last edited:
Thank you - I was particularly happy with the weather conditions in the first one. As a whole, the conditions have been pretty conducive to interesting shots over the past couple of weeks.
I don't think that it was a worked stone in 3, though it was reminiscent of the millstones on the edges in the Peak District. To be honest it was about the only interest up on that hill.
Overall, I dont feel like they sing anywhere near as much since I have uploaded them to flickr, compared with viewing on my iMac at home - Grrrrrr
Appreciate you taking the time to view and comment guys - thanks!!!

1 is nice
2. Lights too flat.
3. I'm not a fan of this sort of light and the blown bit of sky with too dark a scene just doesn't work.
4. Cool colours but too dark in the forefront

Cheers Steve. Appreciate your comments. Although I took bracketed shots, the above are all processed from a single exposure. Perhaps some of the flaws you point to, could be tackled better if I learn to blend exposures.
Thanks

Back