A couple of Reds & a Robber

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Outing today over to Brownsea Island ( off the coast nr Poole in Dorset) one of the Red Squirrels remaining footholds in Great Britain and being a mile off shore I think they'll be safe enough

Shot with Sigma 150-500mm only managed two shots - boy do these little critter move, well a lot faster than I can shoot :D

Thanks for looking

Les (y)

Red Squirrel 1 by Lez325, on Flickr

Red Squirrel 2 by Lez325, on Flickr

and finally a Black n Grey Robber

Robber by Lez325, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
:woot: :woot: congratulations on your first Red's Les, that's quite a achievement as many of us myself included have never even seen one of these illusive little red fellas (y)

It's a real shame about the clipped tail on the second one but I'd be so happy to even get that (y)

Matt

:woot: :woot: congratulations on your first Red's Les, that's quite a achievement as many of us myself included have never even seen one of these illusive little red fellas (y)

It's a real shame about the clipped tail on the second one but I'd be so happy to even get that (y)

Matt

Thank you Matt - I couldnt help the clipping- they move like lightning and only half the size of the Greys

Les (y)

Really nice shots Les. Very lucky to get a shot at all, I didn't see any when I went last year :(
Great expression in number one!

Great shots, Les :)! It must be tricky to get the kind of shutter speeds that you need for a lens that long and fast moving critters, but you did it :clap:!

Thanks guys - I shot at iso 1600 to get f7.1 @ 1/125th sec

Les (y)

Thanks guys - I shot at iso 1600 to get f7.1 @ 1/125th sec

Les (y)

Is 1/125th generally OK for the long end of the lens :shrug:? I guess if it has some kind of OS/IS, then it probably is :).

Thank You Dave- I did say I get a shot of a Red :LOL::LOL:

Bloody hard work though I can tell Ya:eek:

Les (y)

Is 1/125th generally OK for the long end of the lens :shrug:? I guess if it has some kind of OS/IS, then it probably is :).

The Sigma 150-500mm apo f5 has an excellent OS system as the images prove, all hand held had the light been better I would have tried a faster shutter speed to bring me closer or on the focal length of the lens

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
That first shot is an absolute cracker, superb image. sharp rich in color, very nicely taken.

Thank you Steve, a rare beast indeed, happy I managed to snap a couple

Les (y)

Thank you Lucy- they are there & a little patience pays off :D

Les ;)

Back