Wild A couple of roes

A couple of really nice shots there mate. It's a little unfortunate about the second deer in the first shot, and I'd like to see just a little more space in the second, as for my taste the crop is a bit tight, but the light, and low POV are excellent

Yeah, really nice light in them there, but despite their feet being obscured, i'd have liked the room at the bottom to show where'd they be :thinking:

Mmmmmmm ... I fancy a cod roe from the chippy now

Thanks guys. I see what you mean about the 2nd being a bit tight at the bottom, it's not had anything cropped off unfortunately so there's not more space to add there.
May as well add another image while I'm here. Possibly suffers a bit from the same issue though!

Feet are concealed by the grass so I see no need to worry about that - good set of shots, #2 is my favourite for colour and composition :)

Cracking shots these :)

We have wild ones here but tricky to track down. One on my list for 2014 :)

Feet are concealed by the grass so I see no need to worry about that - good set of shots, #2 is my favourite for colour and composition :)

Thanks
Cracking shots these :)

We have wild ones here but tricky to track down. One on my list for 2014 :)

Thanks. They can be very tricky to track down, this time of year is probably the easiest time of year for them from my experience. They can be incredibly curious though and there have been a few occasions where just sitting still, partially concealed they've actually started to approach me, I guess to try and figure out what I am!
I've been visiting the site I photographed these frequently now since around March and have had some great, and some very close encounters in that time. This one from back in May is still probably one of the closest - still at 400mm but almost completely uncropped

I have dozen of Roe on my land, lovely to watch - sometimes a pest but for the most time just nice to see them

I like No2 well caught fella

Les ;)

Back