A couple of seagull shots

Some lovely detail and both cracking poses in these Rob (y)

The top one especially must have a fairly high shutter speed? Be interested in the exif

(pssssst btw, they're Black-headed gulls ;))

1/5000 sec f6.3 iso 1000 top and 1/3200 f6.3 iso 800 bottom Phil
Rob.

Two great images. It’s my understanding that there is no such thing as a seagull someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Wow ... absolutely love pic 1 - I am more about the picture not whether the sky was too blue or water etc

Two great images. It’s my understanding that there is no such thing as a seagull someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Biologically, a gull is a gull. Most, but not all, breed near the sea, but many move inland in the non-breeding season. The word "Seagull" is widely used and understood my most, so it is a perfectly valid word. As Humpty- Dumpty said: "When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less".

Biologically, a gull is a gull. Most, but not all, breed near the sea, but many move inland in the non-breeding season. The word "Seagull" is widely used and understood my most, so it is a perfectly valid word. As Humpty- Dumpty said: "When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less".
I totally understand what your saying, it was meant in jest but it’s still true. There are many types of Gulls but no Seagulls. Humpty Dumpty did not say squat because he’s not real

T
Shattered my illusion now. RIP humpty dumpty. I still call it a seagull. Always will
That made me chuckle but if you insist on calling “it” a Seagull you will
miss out on the Black-headed Gull the Mediterranean Gull, Little Gull, common Gull, Herring Gull, The Black-Backed Gull the Great Black-backed Gull,Glaucous Gull just looked them up today, never realised there where so many. Every days a learning day

Back