A couple of street shots from Paris!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
I like these, number 3 expecially. Was number 1 taken at Sacre Couer?

Yes it was, I took a few of this guy but none of them conveyed how bloody high and precariously he was perch over the city. I had actually left without getting the shot I was after, changed my mind, went back and took this.

All really good. Particulary like 2, lovely shot. Did you have to use a fisheye lens?

No actually it was just a good ol' Canon 17-40mm. A wonderful lens!

Thanks for feeback both of you, I'm still trying to get that film look in my PP so any advice in that direction would be appreciated :)

It is lovely and high isn't it? I totally ignored the basilica and spent half an hour just looking out over the city!

It is lovely and high isn't it? I totally ignored the basilica and spent half an hour just looking out over the city!
I was stunned by the view but also fascinated by the people milling around, a great place to people watch!

I absolutely love pic 1 - I find it quite mesmerizing! Is he ball juggling at the top of a lampost? For me a bit too much of a vignette at the top but still superb.

My 2nd favorite is pic 4 - reminds me of a 1950's picture.

Nice pics....Brings back some memories from when we last went there....

Sacre Couer was the best place to visit by a mile IMO....

Great shots. Number 1 is immense. Love it.

I absolutely love pic 1 - I find it quite mesmerizing! Is he ball juggling at the top of a lampost? For me a bit too much of a vignette at the top but still superb.

My 2nd favorite is pic 4 - reminds me of a 1950's picture.
I agree, the vignette is a little much so I've gone back, taken some of that out and re-uploaded it. Yes it's a football he's using to do keepy-uppies (or however it's spelt!). Amazing to see.

Nice pics....Brings back some memories from when we last went there....

Sacre Couer was the best place to visit by a mile IMO....
It's my favourite too :)

Great shots. Number 1 is immense. Love it.
Thanks very much, it's been a while since I've done some proper photography so hopefully it made up for the lazy past few months!

Dave

All four absolutely brilliant.

All well composed, all great black and whites with great tonal ranges.

I couldn't pick a favourite as all four could quite easily go up in my lounge on canvas (y)

lovely all of them. I especially like number one for it's really simple composition but intriguing subject and amazing view over the city. love it.

Number 1 is great but I would be tempted to try and sort out the distortion (barrel?) in number 3, the ends look as if they are falling in on the rest of the building.

All four absolutely brilliant.

All well composed, all great black and whites with great tonal ranges.

I couldn't pick a favourite as all four could quite easily go up in my lounge on canvas
Thanks, canvasses can be arrange at a special discount, haha :D I keep thinking about getting some of my shots put on the wall although I don't think I'm good enough to warrant that yet. Maybe I'll save it for some point in the future as a treat/reward for producing some truly great photography (ha!).

lovely all of them. I especially like number one for it's really simple composition but intriguing subject and amazing view over the city. love it.
I also like the minimalist quality to it. Street photography can sometimes looke very cluttered (as it should when trying to show a busy, bustling street), but this guy was all alone up there so wanted to try and get that across.

Number 1 is great but I would be tempted to try and sort out the distortion (barrel?) in number 3, the ends look as if they are falling in on the rest of the building.
I appreciate what you're saying as I hadn't noticed it as much before. That being said there's something about that imperfection, something about the barrel distortion at 17mm that I quite like. I'll give it a go to see what I think. Thanks again.

Dave

How's this?

Old
5700636651_28a180428c_z.jpg

New
5769112905_7a8bd407f6_z.jpg

I'll be honest, I think losing the framing around the building by correcting the distortion compromises the photo for me. Still always worth trying something different!

Last edited:
Digital_Clarity said:
Thanks, canvasses can be arrange at a special discount, haha :D I keep thinking about getting some of my shots put on the wall although I don't think I'm good enough to warrant that yet. Maybe I'll save it for some point in the future as a treat/reward for producing some truly great photography (ha!).

Dave

I would, but I'm a photography/geography student... I have no money what so ever! :LOL:

I definitely think a couple of these would worth printing up nice!

I would, but I'm a photography/geography student... I have no money what so ever!

I definitely think a couple of these would worth printing up nice!
Thanks, I'm sure I can find them some wall space over the next few months :)

First and Last are my two favourite from the set. Great capture with the first one and nice to see Paris from a different perspective.
Thanks, it's my first time there so perhaps next time I go I can capture something different.

Fantastic images, although I prefer the uncorrected building, think it draws you into the picture more and adds character!
It's an interesting concept, technical vs. character/imperfections. I think in this case it favours the original image but there's definitely times where the 17mm end of the lens can create distortion that's quite distracting.

Really enjoyed looking through these, they brought back some fond memories.
Love the editing, and contrast for me is spot on.
In #4, the devil in me would search for the best position for the water fountain spurt, especially with the senior chap laid out on the recliner :nuts:

Last edited:
Fantastic images i love all of them. Number 2 get its for me well done! :D

The guy who does the stunts in the first image has been doing it for a while and is quite a unique attraction at Sacra Coeur. I'm sure there are thousands of images of him doing this route on Flickr.

I can assure you I was the original creator of the above image though :)

Ah right I posted it on the 'most viewed flickr image' thread about 2 days ago so perhaps that's where? Wouldn't have been from a while back, taken and uploaded around early/mid May I think.

Thanks again for all comments :)

Back