A couple recent shots in the Lakes

I like No1 Alf I take it the foreground is a water run off, interesting effect, but it's the water in this one for me, looks really interesting almost like chrome (or Mercury flowing) the angle and the way the lights hitting it. Nice light but can't make my mind up on the con trails that leading one is always drawing my eye.
No2 lovely light! That's my pick, I really love this one Alf and the cloud really balances it off nicely imho Great Shot!

Shot 2 is fantastic! Shot 1 the bottom draws my eye and I can't see past it! What's in the background ? Oh it's mountains

I think the first should t is really interesting, but I'm distracted by the dark lower left corner, a letterbox crop might make this much more impacting. I love the light on 2, but the foreground goes almost to black in areas. If this could be pulled back a little it would be super.

the sky in the first one is outstanding. not a fan of the foreground, but thats just my opinion. if it were cut out, the shot would be quality

I like No1 Alf I take it the foreground is a water run off, interesting effect, but it's the water in this one for me, looks really interesting almost like chrome (or Mercury flowing) the angle and the way the lights hitting it. Nice light but can't make my mind up on the con trails that leading one is always drawing my eye.
No2 lovely light! That's my pick, I really love this one Alf and the cloud really balances it off nicely imho Great Shot!

Thanks Steve

Shot 2 is fantastic! Shot 1 the bottom draws my eye and I can't see past it! What's in the background ? Oh it's mountains

Thanks Mark

I like the second one Alf, nice and simple, always a nice moment watching the light hit the top of that ridge. Not as struck on the second it's maybe a touch too dark?

Thanks Stuart

Evening, Alf, #1 is a very interesting take on Crummock. Looks like it was photographed partially submerged.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy

I think the first should t is really interesting, but I'm distracted by the dark lower left corner, a letterbox crop might make this much more impacting. I love the light on 2, but the foreground goes almost to black in areas. If this could be pulled back a little it would be super.

Alan
There are no almost black areas visible to me but I havent calibrated my monitor in a couple of weeks.

the sky in the first one is outstanding. not a fan of the foreground, but thats just my opinion. if it were cut out, the shot would be quality

Pete
Thanks for the comment

About the first shot it was taken from just above (amybe 15cm) the water as it flows over the weir on its way to the river cocker not an angle I have had good reviews of before but I like it.

Back