A Cygnet In Mono

Name
Marc
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been following the three new cygnets we have on the local lake, this is one the better shots for me at least..:)

cygnet-monocopy4.jpg

I like the way this photo as been processed and the way the Cygnet has its head, but I feel it could do with a crop to remove some of the black background

I think this is very nice, lovely texture and detail especially in the neck feathers. It does work really well against the black and I agree with Glo that it looks like a studio shot because of it. I like it :)

I agree, I'm not usually a fan of mono bird shots but this works really well.

Thanks a lot everyone for commenting, now i can't decide wether to crop it or not..!!, i kinda liked that 'studio' feel as well but then again it might need a crop, i hate being so indecisive.

I go with the flow here and also suggest the cropping off of the black stuff, lovely shot though (y)

Well, Id like to see some crop examples.... because I just cant envisage where to crop.

If it were my pic, the only crop Id consider would be a couple of cm's from the top and right .... I like the empty space and feel the swan would look crammed in without it.

Well, Id like to see some crop examples.... because I just cant envisage where to crop.

If it were my pic, the only crop Id consider would be a couple of cm's from the top and right .... I like the empty space and feel the swan would look crammed in without it.

My thoughts too, i wouldn't have a clue how to properley crop this so if anyone feels that they would like to give it a go by all means please do so :)

Wow that looks much more focused in on the subject, i really like it thank you.

Back