A day on a lifeboat - Tall Ships departure

Edit My Images
No
The Tall Ships Race left the Tyne today to race to Fredrikstad. Here's some shots taken from Tynemouth Lifeboat...

30102813-O.jpg

A quick rescue of an old chap who'd taken ill on a fishing boat

30102816-O.jpg

The Princess Royal having a discreet day out

30102815-O.jpg

30102814-O.jpg

30102817-O.jpg

30102807-O.jpg

That shot of the lifeboat inbetween two blurred out faces is the one that grabs my attention. Not sure why, as I would be inclined to point out it doesnt look right, but it does, if you see what I mean. The eye is dragged right to the lifeboat, but can see the whole frame.

Some cracking images there methinks, :)

Well you had a better day than me. Drove from Carlisle rained all the way there. Got parked up 5 mins away from priory. Missed just about all of the boats going out. Got wet and cold. Wife And daughter got bored. Lost a rear lens cap (Doh!) Stayed about 45mins. Headed home and hit gridlock traffic Glad I had my TomTom as I hit some backs streets to avoid the que. It got me home. Another wasted day out. That's two this week. Windermere air show was pants only the red arrows and a Tornado turned up.

I hope Sunderland is better on Sunday.

Oh nice photo's BTW...................

This is a lovely series of photos and commentary.
Turned out well giving the weather conditions too!

Thanks for the comments guys:). GSV, when the rain started I didn't envy anyone standing on the riversides. This was a last minute and very welcome opportunity for me as I was having a beer with some of the lifeboat crew on Wednesday night when they suggested I come with them for the day.

nice photos Adrian, i really like the shot between 2 people of the boat coming in too, really different, works well

Adrian said:
This was a last minute and very welcome opportunity for me as I was having a beer with some of the lifeboat crew on Wednesday night when they suggested I come with them for the day.
:icon_cool :thumb: You lucky git! :) No fighting the crowds. I bet that made the day, unfortunately me being the slack head I am miscalulated :whistling and completely missed the event....don't ask!! Some good shots, but I think I prefer 1 & 2 from the second lot, it's just a shame the mast over laps the ship in the distance in the first shot (2nd post).

EosD said:
nice photos Adrian, i really like the shot between 2 people of the boat coming in too, really different, works well

Yep, really like that, well spotted and taken :thumb:

Back