A day out at the races

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Just arrived back (safely may I add) from the Pacu Jawi Bull races in Indonesia. Below are a just a few of many pictures I took on that special day...............enjoy.
1/.
pacujawibullracing20120.jpg

2/.

3/.

4/.

5/.

Last edited:
Absolutely brilliant photographs, the sort of thing you would see in National Geographical. Would love to see them in colour too. The last picture invokes thought..was he run over, did he fall off...or was he just wallowing in the mud!!

Love these pictures. Love the facial expression of the "jockey" in number 4 and the people trying to avoid getting dirty on the bank. But all pictures in the set are brilliant. Bravo!

I'm liking these! Excellent shots, never seen anything like it before.........superb! The head-on ones have the best visual impact for me.

head on ones look best for me - did you manage to stay clean ?

no 4 my fav out of them all with the onlookers about to get covered in mud

head on ones look best for me - did you manage to stay clean ?

no 4 my fav out of them all with the onlookers about to get covered in mud
I think one of my mates got my picture after the event and NO I didn't keep clean nor did the camera but nothing a bit of soap and water can't take care of:LOL:

For me, the colour shots are far better. Great action shots worthy of NG !

Great pictures, but nothing shows me what the drivers are standing on - sledge, wheeled chariot...?

#2 and #3 of the mono and #1 of the colour for me, great unusual action shots (y)

Brilliant, brilliant set. As a wise man once said, if you want to take better pictures point your camera at more interesting things.

Great pictures, but nothing shows me what the drivers are standing on - sledge, wheeled chariot...?
There is a Yoke that comes off the back of each Bull and he stands on the base of that "one foot for each bull" meaning he has to keep the bulls running together or he ends up doing the splits, he does that by biting the bulls tail...........see attached
1/.

2/.

Sorry Neil but they're still the oversized ones, I think you may need to change the url?
Sorry bro, I have tried Flicker and tried resizing but Lightroom and my mac stay they are below the upload limit and now the tread is messed up, anyway thanks for the nice comments......good Thread while it lasted

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Last edited:
Love these, too hard to pick one as they are all so good. Bet is was brilliant to watch!

It sure was..............., at the beginning of the day I was stopping shooting to early as you can get hurt if one of those bulls hit you, but as the day went on I got braver and waited until the camera frame was full and at that point I had to make a dash for cover but being in an open field it was a wee bit of hit and miss, but anyway I survived and like they say "I got the shot":):):)

I agree with the other comments that it is far too hard to choose a favourite as these are all fantastic. what a fantastic event to shoot and some exceptional results. Although i really like the colour images i feel that the B&W images are incredibly thought provoking and add to the drama and the entire setting of the images.

Must definately be one of my favourite set of images ive seen for a long time

I agree with the other comments that it is far too hard to choose a favourite as these are all fantastic. what a fantastic event to shoot and some exceptional results. Although i really like the colour images i feel that the B&W images are incredibly thought provoking and add to the drama and the entire setting of the images.

Must definately be one of my favourite set of images ive seen for a long time
Thanks Matt
I took the 2nd picture to my regular printer and aked her to prit it 26/18 I think it was and she asked if I had it in both Color and B&W and after her looking at it and making a few comments I decided to have it printed and framed in Color and it looks great (even if I say so myself):):)

Just to let you know I displayed some of these pictures in an art gallery in KL and have had some great feedback along with some folks wanting to buy some of my pictures............need to keep my day job though:):):)

Out of this world.... I'm using number two in B&W as an iPad wallpaper.

Where were you standing to take it? . Did you turn out the same as the racer?

#2 in the first post is fabulous! What a view point! Rather you than me with them running at you! Hard pushed to choose between b&w and colour - must say though the b&w has such impact!! Love it!

Phenomenal pictures! Number 2 in colour and b&w is great!

Out of this world.... I'm using number two in B&W as an iPad wallpaper.

Where were you standing to take it? . Did you turn out the same as the racer?
My PayPal details are below...........lol
I was standing directly in the line of fire and jumped out of the way at the last minute. It was very exciting and scary at the same time, all in all good fun:)

Back