A diffent approach to light trails

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for looking.

One evening was down at Poole, there was a ferry crossing and fort I would take advantage of this.

_MG_4355.jpg by Scotparry26, on Flickr

Let us no all you comments if you think it works or not. Cheers Scott

It has potential.....I like the idea.....Perhaps the use of an ND filter to reduce brightness of the ferry whilst mainting the light trails would help.

My guess based on ambient light and length of ferry trails is that your aperture was fairly wide open. Narrowing it down would have dimmed the lights but allowed you to extend the exposure thus recording longer light trails.

To echo what Andrew has said below I see from flickr that this was shot at f2.8 this is not really the right approch to long expsure's the idea is to use the long exposure to bring in light (y) rather than a wide aperture.

My guess based on ambient light and length of ferry trails is that your aperture was fairly wide open. Narrowing it down would have dimmed the lights but allowed you to extend the exposure thus recording longer light trails.

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheers for your comments guys. Noted down what you've said, returning down that way next week, so will give it another go.

Back