A different take on a starling murmuration

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been watching a starling murmuration for about a week now, with around 25000 birds which is a large one for Northamptonshire. At first, I took the usual shots, but them wondered what the images would look like if I merged a sequence of shots into one, to show the flight path taken by each bird. Here are some of my most interesting shots. What do you think?

Starling Murmuration by Mark Tyrrell, on Flickr

I like them. They are different. I find murmurations difficult to really capture welland to give an impression of how impressive they are. Would be good to learn how you did them. #1is my favourite, but like them all.
TFS

Certainly different with a likeable beauty of their own.

They do remind me of the look and patterns you get with iron filings and a magnet.

PS can you explain your camera setup and processing?

Yes very interesting and concur with BB's post on the filings:) another vote for some detail on the how's of this Mark please.

Mate lovely to see guys exploring, all credit..... there is some magic here!! I prefer the third I think it's the layers and also the pattern sort of flares out have you just taken a burst and then overlayed them somehow??

Good for you Mark:)

Stu

Another that thought 'very interesting' Mark (y) ....and yes, agree with BB's post on the iron filings (y)

Looking on your Flickr, 10-15 shots stacked but I was surprised to see the shutter speed @ 1/500th, I expected it to be faster.

And after looking at Flickr, I really like the ones shot with a slow shutter speed showing motion blur as streaks, different and very good, I'd post a couple of those up too (y)

Back