A feeling of things not going quite right.....

Edit My Images
Yes
Well, been out around the bath area tonight with a few different shots in mind and I was having one of 'those' days where no matter what you do, you can't seem to match the image in the minds eye with what appears on the back of the lcd. Still, picking myself and dusting myself off, dock leaves on the nettle stings and had a little play with capture nx in a bit more depth. The mono conversion is just re-sized in CS2, everything else was done in nx save the frames. The other 2 have had some pp work done although the cornfield was very little, just a small levels adjust I forgot to make in nx.

Let me know what you think.......

DSC_1430.jpg

DSC_1433.jpg

DSC_1431.jpg

love the poppy shot, the barn doesn't do much for me and can't make up my mind about the wheat field, is it a bit off level?

Have to agree with Dod in the selection Gandhi ... and whilst it may be outerkilter the field is pretty good though ... (y)

Are you doing a review on NX m8 ...:thinking: ... was looking at this for myself ... :p

Does it not 'do' borders and other stuff then ... :shrug:

Love number 1... looking forward to hearing more about NX.

Third for me, really like that one - although your shadow is a touch irritating.

no.1 is missing the mark for me. The totally vibrant reds against the (what looks on this screen to be a) blue/purple tint overpowers the delicate nature of the flowers.

no.2 is great but very eiree. Sort of like shots of a ghost town.

no.3 I just love. Simple and uncluttered. I could agonise for hours over where to place the bottom of the frame in a shot like that one.

.... and come on guys, fields rarely come leveled you know. ;)

Currently working on the nx review ven, might take me a week or so though as I have a wedding to attend this weekend and work is quite busy at the mo. Alas, no, nx wont do borders, or cloning. For everything else it works really well, if not a touch slowly. INCLUDING straightening horizons! lol. It is level, just dips a touch in the middle but that may be slight distortion from the sigma 10-20, good tip is to scroll the image to the top or bottom of the screen to check levelness. I've found this problem quite a lot when the objects on the horizon slope a bit, especially noticeable with coastlines apparently. I don't think it's my shadow in the last one, more likely the trees in field behind me, I was trying to keep me out of shot but it's tricky with the sun behind you!

Thanks for the feedback guys, cheered me up a tiny bit after what I thought was a dead loss trip out. lol, just goes to show.......

Hmmm... No on the barn shot, maybe on the field shot and a resounding 'Yes' on the poppy shot. This was one I was after from the Somme trip last week - I wanted something like this but maybe with some of those freaky re-enactors OOF in the background.
Never happened. Ah well...

good stuff there Ghandi!

I've always found the selective colour/mono thing a bit gimmicky so No1 really isn't my cuppa, although the subject matter is as valid as any other I can think of.

There's a lovely range of tones in No2, but does it just miss the mark, lacking a good dense black maybe?

No3... corker! (y)

have to agree that NX is rather good at converting to black and white. that said the first is definately my favorite, a shot like that has been on my to-do list for a while and you've nailed it there :)

Back